Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Garage opener  (Read 1214 times)

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
Garage opener
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »

Brought my 2011 SESG home today... :orange:

My last bike was a SEUC...does the Street Glide have the garage door opener like the Ultra's?  If not, I still have a receiver for my garage door...is the transmitter hard to hook up to the bike?

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
Re: Garage opener
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:50:13 PM »

It does not have the garage door opener. I just use the extra remote I have for my garage.
 I have not installed the Harley garage door opener but have used aftermarket ones and they were not hard at all to install. Taking the outer fairing off is the hardest part, and that is not hard either.
 Best of luck.
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 05:30:02 AM »

I have the HD garage door transmitters in both my Fat Boy and the wife's Nightster, and will never have a bike without one.  Both of them I had installed by the dealer.  But with that said, I read on here that the 2011 SG comes with the wiring and connectors, all labled, to just plug in the HD garage door transmitter.  So when my 2012 gets here next month I plan on installing the new garage door transmitter myself.  Should be as easy as pulling off the fairing, finding a place to mount the transmitter, and plugging it in.  :2vrolijk_21:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 10:20:41 AM »

Brought my 2011 SESG home today... :orange:

My last bike was a SEUC...does the Street Glide have the garage door opener like the Ultra's?  If not, I still have a receiver for my garage door...is the transmitter hard to hook up to the bike?

If you already have the receiver, you can just buy the transmitter from H-D and install it, then pair it to the receiver.  Pretty simple on a batwing bike.  The part number for the transmitter only, as opposed to the complete kit, is 91561-01A and the MSRP is $69.95.

Follow this link for the installation instructions:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J02028.pdf

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »

If you already have the receiver, you can just buy the transmitter from H-D and install it, then pair it to the receiver.  Pretty simple on a batwing bike.  The part number for the transmitter only, as opposed to the complete kit, is 91561-01A and the MSRP is $69.95.

Follow this link for the installation instructions:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J02028.pdf

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry.  That's what I needed.  I've had the opener on a couple of SEUC's and have found that I don't want to be without it.   :2vrolijk_21:

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.