Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLTRUSE Handlebar Specs  (Read 5515 times)

Jerry/MD

FLTRUSE Handlebar Specs
« on: July 04, 2013, 08:40:56 AM »

I've looked all over and cannot find what I would say are 'accurate specs' for the stock handlebar (P/N 57461-11) on our bike. Some responses indicate the rise is 10" but according to my tape measure it's 8". So this makes me question any of the posts I've seen.  :-\

Thinking about swapping out the bars with something that has more pull-back. However I would love to know where I'm at now regarding rise and pull-back.

Jerry

Grey Ghost

• Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac "C" x-pipe, 2" baffles, TTS, Monotubes

• CVO1: 2003 Dyna Wide Glide (non CVO)
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
Re: FLTRUSE Handlebar Specs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:03 AM »

Thanks for asking this question Jerry!! I too, am struggling with the correct measurements. All I know for sure is, I want the grips about 1" closer to me, but cannot find a clear or consistent description of how to get there.

Grey Ghost
Someone once said that the key to happiness is a bad memory. For the life of me, I can't remember who said it!!

Jerry/MD

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »

Thanks for asking this question Jerry!! I too, am struggling with the correct measurements. All I know for sure is, I want the grips about 1" closer to me, but cannot find a clear or consistent description of how to get there.

Grey Ghost

Well, as you can tell by the lack of responses this is a tough question. Looks like I will have to call H-D Customer Service and find out. I am not going to purchase and attempt to install another set of bars until I know the starting point or baseline. Guess that`s the engineer in me talking.  ;)

FXDFSE

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 12:48:14 AM »

How tall are you guys and what is your sleeve length?  I was also wanting to pull the bars back and I am 6'1" with a 35" sleeve.

Grey Ghost

• Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac "C" x-pipe, 2" baffles, TTS, Monotubes

• CVO1: 2003 Dyna Wide Glide (non CVO)
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 08:38:08 AM »

I am 5'-9" w/ 32" sleeve length.

I think my bars are already pulled back to the point that they are dropping down rather than coming back any further. Which is what has sent me down the trail of a new set of bars.

Grey Ghost
Someone once said that the key to happiness is a bad memory. For the life of me, I can't remember who said it!!

HD4me

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 05:12:52 PM »

Your tape messure does not lie.  8 inch rise is as accurate as you will get.  Mine is the same.
I'm looking to change to 12" Wild ones or 12" Monkey bars but the wiring is a real pain from what I've read and the dealer wants $1400 in labor.  I'm afraid to do it myself just due to down time and the potential of making a wiring mistake.  I'm not a wiring expert by any means...
Guys on here have done it, but look carefully.  One moved the GPS wires to external.
ABS brake lines require some programming from the deal is what I read too.

halfcirclej

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE 2011 Black Quartz
    • CVO2: FLHTCU 2008 WHITE GOLD PEARL
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 03:29:46 PM »

I'm also short an fat for me. I have 2 inch pull back on my 08 ULTRA CLASSIC. WORK GREAT.LESS BACK PAIN.
Also looking for similar pull back for my 11 CVO RGU. Stuff for CVO hard to find. If you all find something clue me in, thanks.

Mitch

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 07:58:02 AM »

I've just completed the "BAR Search" for the last couple of months. If your looking for more pullback, look at the Heritage bars.

They're alot of options, prices and you can find what you want. I found what I needed on another forum...Roadglide.org. There is a thread for Handlebars and controls and has prob 40 pages by now, with pics and descriptions.

I just ordered BR's Custom Bars woth the Bent Ape Beaters in 1 14" rise, 34" wide, 5" pullback and 9" base width... All Custom... 1 1/2" in diameter...

Waiting for them to arrive to install. They are a little pricey, but we do ride CVO's.

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.