Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King Tour-pak, with a Chopped Tour-Pak® Backrest Pad on a FLHXSE3  (Read 8928 times)

aussiejohn

King Tour-pak, with a Chopped Tour-Pak® Backrest Pad on a FLHXSE3
« on: September 26, 2011, 04:04:32 AM »

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the Chopped Tour-Pak® Backrest Pad, (52898-98A), will fit onto the King Tour-Pak (53000076DKX)? My dealer has said that they cannot confirm that it will fit and said I need to order the King Tour-Pak® Backrest Pad, (52892-98A), but I've seen photo's showing KTP with the Chopped Tour-Pak® Backrest Pad installed and I much prefer this look.

Cheers, Aussiejohn

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
Re: King Tour-pak, with a Chopped Tour-Pak® Backrest Pad on a FLHXSE3
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:37:29 PM »

I put a chopped pad on my King TP. You will have to drill new holes and you'll have unused holes showing, but it fits.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

S.E.Chic

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Eagle has landed!
    • GA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Inferno Orange
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:35:50 PM »

I put the chopped on my king tour pack and like it a lot as I have it set up solo.  I just used a couple of plugs I got from an auto paint store to finish off the 4 holes not used. I didn't have to drill anything except for the luggage rack.

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 09:25:32 AM »

How did you not have to drill holes for the chopped TP? Mine only had the holes pre drilled for the King pad.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:09:58 PM »

I put a chopped pad on my King TP. You will have to drill new holes and you'll have unused holes showing, but it fits.

I have the king tour pack and with the Corbin backrest that's designed for two up......

and I have the king tour pack with the Corbin backrest designed for the solo position.....

I to had to drill holes for the solo position backrest (you can see the two stock holes on either side of the pad in the pics above).  I have stainless bolts with cap nuts that I use to plug those holes if I'm going to be riding in the rain.  I've seen others use chrome acorn cap nuts or chrome bullet cap nuts.

One guy I talked to told me that he didn't have to drill holes, but I had to, so............. :nixweiss:

And for this rider, especially when you're riding 500-800 miles in a day, the most comfortable position of all is in the solo position with the Corbin riders backrest for lower back support and the Corbin solo position backrest pad for upper back support.  It's incredable support and the back issues that I used to have when riding long distance are pretty much gone when I ride with it in this position.

I still take my grandkids with me from time to time, so I still have to keep the two up backrest and switch back and forth from time to time.

Hope this helps you figure it out.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

aussiejohn

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 02:54:54 AM »

Thanks everyone, I'm going to order the Chopped backrest pad, and doing the install myself now I know it can be done.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.