Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mileage on Speedometer  (Read 1293 times)

Limited Lou

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUI
Mileage on Speedometer
« on: January 01, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »

Is the mileage stored in the speedometer head unit or computor ?? A buddy asked and I told him they used to set at Factory when ordered. Now I'm not sure.. Any help,   Thanks..
2008 FLHTCUI
Olive Pearl/Vivid Black

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Mileage on Speedometer
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:48:22 AM »

Is the mileage stored in the speedometer head unit or computor ?? A buddy asked and I told him they used to set at Factory when ordered. Now I'm not sure.. Any help,   Thanks..

Newest replacement speedometers for the newer bikes (08 and up) poll the ECM for mileage information.  Not all speedometer instruments "know how" to do this though.  So you need to replace with an instrument that is specific to the system's capabilities to take advantage of that function.  Prior to that mileage was in the speedometer.

Limited Lou

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUI
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:04:25 AM »

Newest replacement speedometers for the newer bikes (08 and up) poll the ECM for mileage information.  Not all speedometer instruments "know how" to do this though.  So you need to replace with an instrument that is specific to the system's capabilities to take advantage of that function.  Prior to that mileage was in the speedometer.

Thanks for info.. I've also heard there's a memory card, seperate from the ECU that has to be flshed ??
 I've heard you can adj speedometer with the TTS tunners. Can you adj mileage, Too? (w/tts)
2008 FLHTCUI
Olive Pearl/Vivid Black

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

Thanks for info.. I've also heard there's a memory card, seperate from the ECU that has to be flshed ??
 I've heard you can adj speedometer with the TTS tunners. Can you adj mileage, Too? (w/tts)

Changing a speedometer's mileage indication would fall afoul of several Federal and state laws.  TTS can't change your mileage.  And if they could they'd have some 'splainin' to do to the Man.

Limited Lou

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUI
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »

Changing a speedometer's mileage indication would fall afoul of several Federal and state laws.  TTS can't change your mileage.  And if they could they'd have some 'splainin' to do to the Man.

Ha ! Yes they would.. I didn't even think of the Laws on tampering with the mileage.. Any tunner...  Thanks.
2008 FLHTCUI
Olive Pearl/Vivid Black

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.