Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Bike Questions 2011 FLHXSE2  (Read 1109 times)

dragonass81

• Junior CVO Member
New Bike Questions 2011 FLHXSE2
« on: September 04, 2011, 08:26:57 PM »

Ok I have bunch of questions: Just picked up a 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/ORG
- HOW LONG CAN I LEAVE THE RADIO ON WITHOUT STARTING THE ENGINE?

-IS THE BEST POSITION THE ACCESSORY POSITION WHEN PLAYING RADIO WITH ENGINE OFF?

- PURCHASED MULTI YEAR WARRANTY ASKED THE DEALER IF I CAN REMOVE THE CAT AND CHANGE PIPES HE SAID THAT WOULD VOID THE WARRANTY???

- IS THE CAT CONSIDERED PART OF THE EXHAUST SYSTEM? THE MANUAL SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED THE PIPES AND CARB/AIRINTAKE?

- i KNOW A LOT OF U CHANGED PIPES FROM READING MOST GO WITH V&H CAN U STILL HEAR RADIO WITH LOAD PIPES LIKE V&H OR THUNDER HEADER SLIP ONS?

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: New Bike Questions 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »

Ok I have bunch of questions: Just picked up a 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/ORG
- HOW LONG CAN I LEAVE THE RADIO ON WITHOUT STARTING THE ENGINE?

-IS THE BEST POSITION THE ACCESSORY POSITION WHEN PLAYING RADIO WITH ENGINE OFF?

- PURCHASED MULTI YEAR WARRANTY ASKED THE DEALER IF I CAN REMOVE THE CAT AND CHANGE PIPES HE SAID THAT WOULD VOID THE WARRANTY???

- IS THE CAT CONSIDERED PART OF THE EXHAUST SYSTEM? THE MANUAL SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED THE PIPES AND CARB/AIRINTAKE?

- i KNOW A LOT OF U CHANGED PIPES FROM READING MOST GO WITH V&H CAN U STILL HEAR RADIO WITH LOAD PIPES LIKE V&H OR THUNDER HEADER SLIP ONS?

I got my ride just before the winter and had it in the garage for a few months before i could ride it. I would listen to the radio for hours with no problems but i would then put the trickle charger on. As for the radio the 11's have some issues. There is a whole thread on this topic. I hope nothing bad on you my friend but it is a good thing you got the warranty. You will need it for the sound system.

As for the exhaust system i had the same concerns. Go with the FULLSAC Performace System. You will keep your stock look and it is not too load. You can hear everything around you and the stereo. I went with the 2.0 cores and i just might upgrade to the 2.25 over the winter because i am now finding it a tad too quite. Ii was concerned about it being too loud before i installed it. IF anything goes wrong you can swap it back yourself. That is the beauty about this system. Just hold on to all your stock parts. There is a thread on this topic also.

On my 2011 i now have 19 000 KM. Everything is great except the sound system. Do the Fullsac you will love it.

dragonass81

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:48:28 PM »

Mano thanks I will check the thread out but do I need to get a remap with the fullsac or just slip em on and go?

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 10:58:49 PM »

Mano thanks I will check the thread out but do I need to get a remap with the fullsac or just slip em on and go?

You will get the MAP with the system. What you want to get is the Stage 1 Sleeper Kit. Very easy to do the swap yourself. :2vrolijk_21:

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:31:33 AM »

I'm in Germany and just did the Fullsac STG 1.  Look at my video of it in the exhaust section.

Did you buy through military sales?  I ask because if you have to go through regular German inspection you might have issues.

Also, if you need a great indie shop go to this guy (tell him Rob sent you):

John Rausch
Tel: 06051-884315. Fax: 06051-884316. Motune. Johann Rauch. Würzburgerstr. 190. 63743 Aschaffenburg

dragonass81

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 01:06:03 PM »

Thanks for the details in the insight on the indie shop. I'm in stuttgart, still working on the break in.  Think I will wait a little longer on the pipes until i'm settled with a dealer. one of the guys here really likes the guys in Ludwigsburg or haven not sure its the one that all the new us bikes come into. He feels the dealer in stuttgart makes hime wait too long and are a little bit pricey soo I will see Im just want a dealer who has expierence with the 110.
Hey also  great insight on pipes and your comment about able to hear things around you. its always nice to hear that cage moving up from behind its important..... On my previous bike i never has real loud pipes had SE slip ons and it was a low respectable rumble but not obnoxouss(sp?} so part of me wants loud pipes but I don't want to have a headache after an hours worth of riding or always locked to earplugs. In any case i'm keep the stock until next year as I've only got about a month left of riding. Where are you located?

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.