Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Panoptix losing its foam...new glasses?  (Read 2657 times)

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
Panoptix losing its foam...new glasses?
« on: September 07, 2011, 01:51:09 PM »

I have a pair of panoptix glasses that the foam around the eye is pretty much shot and is not the type that pops on and off.  They are 12 years old....*L
They have Great color enhancing lenses and they are in Great shape except for the foam but they are old and not supported any more.
The glasses seller at the Rally in Durango told me "Hey you got your money worth buy some new ones"  He also told me that the Transitions glasses wear out after a couple of years of going light to dark.  I have never heard of this.  Is this True??

I can't but high dollar glasses with out kicking it around here first... ;D

I need the foam because I my one good eye with a contact lens that I am fearfull of getting dirt in.  The foam has always worked in this regard.

What do you guys like?
I am also considering Rx with a bifocal but I do love the clarity of precision lenses and I will take good care of them.
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

gaphatty

Re: Panoptix losing its foam...new glasses?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 02:35:39 PM »

I have a pair of WileyX that was a few years old (good frame and the inner foam gasket is removable), so took them to my local eye doc and had the new updated Transitions lenses and corrective optics placed in those frames.

Pricey (close to $300) but best transitions I've ever seen - much broader range than on anything else I have almost clear to medium-dark.  Best glasses I have and completely safe for night riding as well!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »

I had a pair of Pan Optix in the early years when they came out and the foam fell apart on mine also. I believe they have better foam now but there are many other options and for me to much $$ to try again.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »

Check out their website. They are now called 7eye. Seems to me they still offer a foam replacement program thats pretty cheap. Around $35 bucks. So if you still like the frames and lenses this would definately be the way to go. As for to transition lenses, Its been my experience that although they don't stop working, they do transition s l o w e r. Good luck, hope this helps.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »

I just got the foam replaced on my relatively old Panoptx (that's the correct spelling and the new company name is 7eye) and $35 is what I remember it costing.  Send your old glasses to: 7eye, 415 Boulder Court, Suite #100, Pleasanton, CA 94566.  (925) 484-0292.

I've had three pairs, all bifocal and transitions, from them over the years and haven't ever had the 'transitions' fade or otherwise deteriorate.  Mine go from very clear to extremely dark in no time.  I get no compensation from them...I just love their product.

2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 12:58:03 PM »

I just accidently broke the frames in two on my Panoptix RX glasses and sent them back to the company. They fixed them and returned them for free. Well after warranty. Great company. If you send them your glasses, I bet they can add new foam on the frame. That is, if you still really like them.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 10:12:34 PM »

My Rayban Wayfarers (the original ones) are big enough to block all the wind, heavy enough to stay on my face, and have far superior optics.  They even fit with the full face helmet and are as classic as the H-D I'm riding.  All of my Oakley's suck without a helmet on, the Aviator's are too light, and I can't stand the foam on the other brands. 

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.