Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New full exhaust options for 2012 Street Glide CVO  (Read 4480 times)

Speed

New full exhaust options for 2012 Street Glide CVO
« on: June 16, 2012, 10:36:44 PM »

Getting close to taking ownership of a 2012 CVO Street Glide and would like input on replacing the stock headers and exhaust. I currently own a 2010 Street Glide with V&H True Duals. Love the sound but recently heard D&D Fat Cat and love the sound as well.  Any suggestions are welcomed...

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: New full exhaust options for 2012 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 01:21:41 AM »

very much personal preference but before I bought mine, I went to You Tube where they had V & H compared to D & D on the same bike and I fell in love with the sound (and the decibels) of the Fatcats. I have around 1800 miles on them now and absolutely love them! Cant really go wrong with either though...
Alan

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 01:25:53 AM »

Yep... FatCats sound great. Had one on my FLHTCUI. NOW.... Have RB Racing and...... Love the sound.  Replaced my V&H power duals with hi-out puts with the RB Racing.... Marvelous !

On my FLHTCUSE6.....

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 02:06:12 AM »

Fat Cats sound great, and are very loud... PASN YU runs the fats Cats on his 2012 SESG... maybe he'll chime in here.

Also very loud - but not quite as loud until you get on it - is the Drago's Bike Works S/C/S-4 that I run, or the Dragula (probably a bit louder).

Just be aware that 2-1 pipes are more difficult to tune properly than a 2-1-2 setup like the Fullsac X-Pipe... and they can get even more difficult if you change cams and other components like I have. 2-1 pipes breathe differently than 2-1-2 pipes, and generally produce their max power at higher RPMs/kPas than 2-1-2 exhausts such as the Fullsac X-Pipe with the Fullsac baffles.

My meticulous "Wizard" tuner is still cursing me for going to the S/C/S-4 and causing him extra effort with the TTS EGR tables and stuff... but frankly I think he likes the challenge! :2vrolijk_21:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

Im with Ken (NGH) on this one .. I run Dragula 2into 1 and they have a great sound and lots of it .. 
Generally speaking the 2/1 headers will broaden you torque curve when it is tuned right ..
If Im not mistaken pricing on Dragula is a lil better.. give Frank a call and see what he has for your setup ..
They do sound good when hammered , and Im subject to do that with great results .. LOL  :coolblue:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »

Im with Ken (NGH) on this one .. I run Dragula 2into 1 and they have a great sound and lots of it .. 
Generally speaking the 2/1 headers will broaden you torque curve when it is tuned right ..
If Im not mistaken pricing on Dragula is a lil better.. give Frank a call and see what he has for your setup ..
They do sound good when hammered , and Im subject to do that with great results .. LOL  :coolblue:

YEP! The Dragula can be had for $650, the S/C/S-4 for $625. The Dragula has stepped headers for bigger builds, and the S/C/S-4 has straight headers for stock or mildly-modified engines like mine. Frank kind of positions the S/C/S-4 as a Bagger pipe, and he told me that it will produce a little better low-end torque on a mostly stock engine than the Dragula. I haven't noticed any better low-end torque, but the 54H cams won't produce much low-end torque anyway.

Everyone I ride with seems to love the sound of the S/C/S-4!

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Speed

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 09:59:36 PM »

I appreciate the comments from you guys.  I will be purchasing the SESG from Killer Creek and plan to have their service department do the exhaust and cams.  However I certainly like to speak with Frank and the one called "The Wizard".  Ken, maybe you can forward me his contact info. I certainly want my bike tuned right...

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 10:07:28 PM »

He is "Mr. Wizard" here. He can also install your cams and pipes for significantly less than Killer will, and he is a true Wizard at tuning with the TTS! Not sure how much Wiz is looking for business... but he is the most meticulous person I have ever met, and his shop is SPOTLESS!

The Wizard's Tune

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 07:05:15 AM »

Yep, it's true. I run a D&D Fatcat. It's louder than most exhausts you'll hear but also has a very distinct sound that I really like. If you haven't heard them in person, let me know when you'll be at Killer Creek and maybe I can meet you up there for a sound check.   :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 10:54:01 AM »

Yep, it's true. I run a D&D Fatcat. It's louder than most exhausts you'll hear but also has a very distinct sound that I really like. If you haven't heard them in person, let me know when you'll be at Killer Creek and maybe I can meet you up there for a sound check.   :2vrolijk_21:

Fat Cat sounds great... just not as FAST as Hot Citrus...  :2vrolijk_21:

The Wizard's Tune

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 06:21:49 PM »

I also went with Frank Drago's recommendation.  I figured that (NGH) would probably do things right, so I gave Frank a call.  I went with the S/C/S/4 with the 2.55 cores and a ghost pipe.  Frank also recommended the Thundermax tuner and a T Man 555 Torquester Cam with a Cometic .030 head gasket.  I've got about 700 miles on the set up and it really runs strong.  Lots of low end torque and plenty of HP.
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 12:27:02 PM »

I also went with Frank Drago's recommendation.  I figured that (NGH) would probably do things right, so I gave Frank a call.  I went with the S/C/S/4 with the 2.55 cores and a ghost pipe.  Frank also recommended the Thundermax tuner and a T Man 555 Torquester Cam with a Cometic .030 head gasket.  I've got about 700 miles on the set up and it really runs strong.  Lots of low end torque and plenty of HP.

Good for you, Cowboy! The S/C/S-4 just ROCKS, I think.

The TR-555 Torqster specs are slightly different from the 54Hs... a few degrees earlier open and close on the intake and 2 degrees less intake duration (236 vs 238), and within a degree on the exhaust valve timing and same exhaust duration (238). Same lift, too (.555"), and 5 more degrees overlap (37 vs. 31). The intake timing and greater overlap may help the S/C/S-4 breathe a little better than the 54H does... who knows? The Cometic .030" head gaskets give you better squish, and either of these cams like that.

RIDE ON and ENJOY!

The Wizard's Tune

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »

I have the DnD fat cat on my 12 SESG and absolutely love the sound.  When I first picked the bike up I thought oh crap they are way to loud.  Not the case now.  I had the SE259 cams install with a Harley download and have had no problems. When cruising at 75-80 mph I can turn the radio up between 1/2 and 3/4 volume and have no problem hearing it.  One thing I can say if I'm around a big crowd when I bust my bike off it turns a lot of heads and I have been stopped and asked several times what kind of exhaust do I have on the bike.  My wife keeps telling me I'm a 53 year old kid :o  I have asked people that ride with us if my exhaust is annoying or to loud and I always get that it sounds really good.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:17:51 PM by Tannehill Kid »

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.