Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wheel Cleaners!  (Read 3381 times)

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
Re: Wheel Cleaners!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 09:05:26 AM »

I've only ever washed with mild detergent and waxed with carnuba. Mine shine like new.  Micro Fiber should not scratch it, don't push to hard.  As for washing them, good quality ones should last some time. Never use bleach or bleach type products on MicroFiber it will destroy it.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 09:11:53 PM »

I got the white diamnonds from Century Harley Davidson in Medina Ohio. It is not cheap but worked well. What I found that works even better is EXTREEME metal polish, it comes in a can and you rip off pieces of cotton with the polish inpregnated, it made quick work of making my wheels look even better than when new....not a single fine line scratch although it took 3 hours to do one side of one rim. I have been told that you can polish raw aluminum with this stuff and make it polished......have yet to try it but I believe it!

that sounds like a product i used in the past called something like "water" came in a bag, somewhat oily impregnated pink cotton, the best chit i ever found for aluminum, but you have to work it hard to make your stuff shine, and it will make it look like chrome when your done, unfortunatly it dosent last, so in a week your repeating it all over again, thats why I refuse to have any aluminum what so ever on my ride.
[size=18]EAGLE1[/size]
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 09:27:04 PM »

I've only ever washed with mild detergent and waxed with carnuba. Mine shine like new.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 09:07:09 PM »

that sounds like a product i used in the past called something like "water" came in a bag, somewhat oily impregnated pink cotton, the best chit i ever found for aluminum, but you have to work it hard to make your stuff shine, and it will make it look like chrome when your done, unfortunatly it dosent last, so in a week your repeating it all over again, thats why I refuse to have any aluminum what so ever on my ride.
[size=18]EAGLE1[/size]

Sounds like the same stuff, although the brand I used seemed to also add some sort of protective film because I did my front wheel 3 weeks ago, have only rinsed it off since then and aside from some small water spots its still looking great.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 12:32:52 PM »

Chrome won't get you home,  but it will get you laid (and it's easier to clean than polished aluminum).  I had solid fatboy wheels on my old softail.  Finally gave up on keeping them clean.  Go chrome....
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

DaBluzDude

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 05:44:27 PM »

Chrome won't get you home,

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 07:49:53 PM »

I have the answer to yalls polished alum. problems. And I know this works cus I did it.
Polish those wheels real good then find a good power coat man and have him clear
power coat them. To maintain them just wash them, they will shine for a long,long.
time. I had a 70 chevelle with polished alum. pro stars. Looked good for years.
Hope this helps yall. Cost a couple of years ago was $100.00 for all 4 wheels & caps.
                             Ty1on2
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, LEAVE A MESSAGE

2006 SE Fat Boy, Autumn Haze/ Abyss Blue
V&H Big Shots Staggered,HD Bags To Match,
Flush Mount Gas Caps,PC111USB
1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike
V&H Pipes, and lots of other goodies

phat103

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 01:17:28 AM »

The answer for me has been a product called "simichrome polish" its a polishing paste and its made by a company called "happich" and made in Germany. It comes in a yellow and red tube. I use that, a Harley soft cloth and some good old fashion elbow grease. you really have to put some work into it, but my rims look as good, or even better that they did the day I picked her up.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.