Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BCM recall 2011 FLSTSE2  (Read 2022 times)

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
BCM recall 2011 FLSTSE2
« on: September 17, 2011, 08:19:54 AM »

Make sure, when / if, you get this recall done that you advise your service dude that you need the BCM to be the one that has "SECURITY". Apparently the way the service bulletin is written it's hard to understand which one to order, something about one for Japan (of all places) makes it hard to understand that is the correct one to order. At least thats what I was told, I don't think they could make that up, lol. Many things associated with the electronics of this bike are different than all the rest making it difficult for the service guys to get a grip. A little training would be a good thing but we all know how that goes.

If they install the wrong one you will not have any security on the bike and anyone can just walk up and start it. Mine was done like this and I didn't even know it. I went for about three months with no security and was just lucky the damn thing wasn't stolen. Then, they couldn't figure out what was wrong until I insisted that the service manager get involved and he figured it out.

If you have had the recall done I suggest that you check and make sure your security system is working. If you are like me, you would just put the key fob in your pocket, jump on and go, never realizing it wasn't working.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:22:22 AM by Mr. Warlock »
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: BCM recall 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 08:42:34 AM »

Yes, aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndddddddd take your 2nd key fob when you go to the dealer.  Nobody told me on the 1st trip there and then the 2nd was a washout and the 3rd trip they put in another wrong part.  So, today I will be armed with bike, fob, and great desires to get the job accomplished. 

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »

Ah, but Harley wasn't ready for me!    Trip # 4 ended in the same situation as the last couple times.  The part does not seem to be compatible with the electrical system on this bike.  After putting in the new part, there were issues with the brake lights, and whatnot.  Sooooooooooooooooooooo, according to the service manager, on tuesday,there is a factory rep flying all the way out to Washington state to my dealership specifically to look at my bike and see why this issue is not getting resolved.  Is there anybody that would agree that Harley would do that for anybody?:?  I'd like to hear from you.  This is really getting nerve racking.  Anybody else had theirs replaced and have no issues at all???   Pork.

Kevinski

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 and lovin' it
    • CVO2: FLSTSE2 and loved it but sold it
    • CVO3: FLHXSE Tequila (sold)
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 02:31:20 PM »

I have looked on the Harley site for open recalls on my bike and nothing shows up, do we know the date range?

Cheers, Kev

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »

Ah, but Harley wasn't ready for me!    Trip # 4 ended in the same situation as the last couple times.  The part does not seem to be compatible with the electrical system on this bike.  After putting in the new part, there were issues with the brake lights, and whatnot.  Sooooooooooooooooooooo, according to the service manager, on tuesday,there is a factory rep flying all the way out to Washington state to my dealership specifically to look at my bike and see why this issue is not getting resolved.  Is there anybody that would agree that Harley would do that for anybody?:?  I'd like to hear from you.  This is really getting nerve racking.  Anybody else had theirs replaced and have no issues at all???   Pork.
Maybe it's time to get that 2012 Pork.  You know you want it!!
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »

Dang!  almost forgot I didn't reply to this thread.  Well, yes I do want the '12.  But for now I did get the system fixed on Tuesday.  The rep was here and after the part was put back in and tested, the same results as we've seen in the past.  Then guess who called MoCo??  The harley Rep!  "Houston, we have a problem".......or such a matter.  MoCo informed him that it is necessary to download some information specific to my bike to get the brakelight system talking with the BCM.(Duhhhh...no kidding???)  After that was done, everything worked just like it is supposed to.......I guess.  I hope.  Anyway, I have ridden about 100 miles and things seem to be working as they are supposed to.  At this point, I'm really not sure if I have the new part in or just using the old part......how would I know?.  But I'm content the issue is resolved.  Now about that '12................
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:32:28 PM by porkypig »

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:29:47 PM »

Dang!  almost forgot I didn't reply to this thread.  Well, yes I do want the '12.  But for now I did get the system fixed on Tuesday.  The rep was here and after the part was put back in and tested, the same results as we've seen in the past.  Then guess who called MoCo??  The harley Rep!  "Houston, we have a problem".......or such a matter.  MoCo informed him that it is necessary to download some information specific to my bike to get the brakelight system talking with the BCM.(Duhhhh...no kidding???)  After that was done, everything worked just like it is supposed to.......I guess.  I hope.  Anyway, I have ridden about 100 miles and things seem to be working as they are supposed to.  At this point, I'm really not sure if I have the new part in or just using the old part......how would I know?.  But I'm content the issue is resolved.  Now about that '12................
Should I lose thousands on a trade or spend thousands on accessories.  Oh hell, I'll just do both!!
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:30:37 AM »

I have looked on the Harley site for open recalls on my bike and nothing shows up, do we know the date range?

Cheers, Kev

See attachment.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Kevinski

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 and lovin' it
    • CVO2: FLSTSE2 and loved it but sold it
    • CVO3: FLHXSE Tequila (sold)
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 03:49:38 AM »

Thanks Jerry.

Kev

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 03:50:29 AM »

dont wait for the MOCO to contact you , in australia, i was not notified , but rang my dealer and he replaced it

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.