Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tequila Sunrise ain't Tequila Sunrise  (Read 4531 times)

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
Tequila Sunrise ain't Tequila Sunrise
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »

Just thought I would pass this bit of information along to the rest of you folks....

Harley recycled the Tequila Sunrise color name for 2012.  This year, the Teq Sunrise/HD Orange SG is not the same Tequila Sunrise as the 2010 SESG's.

Ordered a Harley painted inner fairing, in Tequila Sunrise.  The color isn't even close to the 10 SESG Tequila Sunrise.  I'll be bringing it back to the dealer today.  Nothing like waiting 8+ weeks for a fairing to come in and it's the wrong color. 

Paint codes in the P/N's are different too.  2010 Teq Sunrise is DEM, and 2012 is DKO.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Tequila Sunrise ain't Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:20:08 PM »

Same thing with the Cobalt Blue that was introduced on the 04 SEEG.  Cobalt Blue has been back on several models (some not even CVOs) since then but not exactly the same color.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »

JC......did you buy your color matched fairing or have one painted to match??
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 02:00:11 PM »

I had both mine and Terrie's painted.  Well, actually Jim had them painted, by his painter in the bay area.

Painted fairings the only way to go on a colored bike.....

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:06:58 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »

I wonder who the genius was that decided it was a good idea to recycle the names like that.... :nixweiss:

Anyway, I just took the 'new' Teq Sunrise fairing back to the dealer.  They were cool about it.  They're trying to reach the factory to have one painted the '10 FLHXSE Teq Sunrise.  I guess sometimes they do that, ordering the part 'off' the catalog as the inventory manager put it.

Should have an answer by the end of the day.  If not, I'll be taking a ride to Gunslinger's in Golden after winter arrives.  They match it to a side cover, and then she goes back together with 14" PYO Monkey Bagger bars....

It'll be like a whole new bike! :bananarock:

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.