Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestions for moisture leak in LED Passing Lights...??  (Read 769 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
Suggestions for moisture leak in LED Passing Lights...??
« on: November 23, 2011, 11:04:57 PM »

Anyone had this problem?  Moisture on a hot day, on the inside of the lens of the LED Passing Lights...
Is it the seal on the lens, or on the mount? 

What is the best seal, I was thinking "Nuetral Cure Silicon Caulk"  that has no acetic acid smell, as that is corrosive on its own..

What do you think Techies?  Little smear on the lens seal and where the base mounts up?

Thank you in advance from Australia..  LEDs on BIG BLUE below

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Suggestions for moisture leak in LED Passing Lights...??
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »

And by the way, Passing Lights angled out about 5 degrees in LED, are great at night looking for furry wanderers....

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 05:32:41 AM »

Cowboy , as someone who replaced my passing lamps 4times for moisture. I would get a smiley face :)of fog in the lens, parts guy laughed his but off when he saw it.  I have the black LEDs, on the back of the bulb houseing there was a "hole" for lack of a better word, that was covered with a " round yellow sticker looking thing" about an 1/2inch wide that covered this hole. The 4th time they were warrentied the part number had been changed and I and the parts guy  looked them over and compaired them to the old lights. This round yellow sticker had been replace with an epoxy that sealed the hole and have not had the problem since. I would take one out and look at it. See if your dealer will warrenty them.  Smkblwr
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »

Thanks for that, when in for some more goodies, will  have them pull and do the upgrade on the seal with epoxy or silicon after a dry out...

I thought the lens was separate, did not know it was a whole unit....  It all makes sense now...

Regards from Australia

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.