Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heated grips on 2012?  (Read 1329 times)

lndrckt

Heated grips on 2012?
« on: October 12, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »

Can someone verify, or deny, that the 2012 comes standard with heated grips?

Thanks!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Heated grips on 2012?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 11:48:37 AM »

Which model  :nixweiss:

And it's important to draw a distinction between saying they have heated grips and that they have heated grips that work for very long.  Ok, enough wisecracks about all the failing heated grips.  At least they're not made by a bowling ball company....

For the guy asking the question the Ultras have the heated grips.  But from me that's just anecdote and not verification.  Harley has a website with a section for CVO bikes.  Go there, find the Ultra Classic and scroll through the section that details the key elements of the bike.  They'll show the heated grips there along with a little blurb about riding in cool weather.

Wait.... hold on a sec; I can go get a screen shot.  When it gets here in a minute or two all proper citations to Mother Harley.

Ok, got it.  Apologies for the delay.  Couldn't get the screen print back inside the monitor.  The slot for the paper was closed....

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »

I normally consider the question specifically aimed at softail convertibles if it is asked in this forum, unless posed as a generic CVO question.  Softail Convertibles do not have heated grips on any year model as of yet.   Pork.

lndrckt

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »

uhm...I was referring to the 2012 Convertible since I posted in this section.  :'(

My wife was pretty sure she had read it somewhere that they were included on this model, but the web H-D CVO web info doesn't list it.

Thanks for the replies.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 12:10:52 AM »

uhm...I was referring to the 2012 Convertible since I posted in this section.  :'(

My wife was pretty sure she had read it somewhere that they were included on this model, but the web H-D CVO web info doesn't list it.

Thanks for the replies.
Just to confirm, 2012 Convertible has Standard Cruise Control with Electronic Throttle Control. I think heated grips would be a nice touch on this bike.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.