Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tilt Angle Sensor  (Read 13046 times)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Re: Tilt Angle Sensor
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 11:11:31 PM »

Roger,

I will be in Abbostford Monday and Tuesday night. Staying at the Best Western Bakerview Inn at exit 92. The hotel across the street from Jarz burnt down.

Dropping my bike off with Lee Uhrich at Jarz Performance on Tuesday noon, he is going to swap out the Stock HD Throttle Body and install the Kurayakn 57 MM TB with the Yellow Band Injectors and SERT. Tune the bike and then dyno on Wed morning and then heading back to Calgary Wed PM..

See if we can get better than 118 HP and 126 lb ft of torque.

I'll give you a call and say hello.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 11:11:45 PM by geezerglide »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 11:20:55 PM »

Give me a call, maybe we can do lunch, I'll try and remember to bring my passport, in fact I'll go get it out now.  We can meet on your side and I can get some Canadian whiskey to bring home, I think its fair trade and I don't have to be there 24hrs.

Bellingham, WA US
Revise | New Directions

Abbotsford, BC CA
Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time:  51 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 30.94 miles

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 11:32:24 PM »

Roger,

I'll call you Monday evening.

geezerglide

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 05:44:17 AM »

[highlight]The "Bank Angle Sensor" is part of the TSM/TSSM (turn signal/security module), and is designed to shut the engine off if you exceed a 45 degree bank angle for more than one second.  When the sensor kills the engine, the odometer will display "tip".  To restart the engine, make sure it is upright and then cycle the ignition switch off then back on.

There were problems back in '99 or '00 if I remember correctly with defective sensors that would shut the bike down during normal operation (shiny side up), but I haven't heard of that issue since then.  In this case, I seriously doubt that the bank angle sensor has anything to do with the stumble/stall problem.  So far, everyone has indicated that the "hiccup, stumble, stall, etc." is only a major issue before the bike reaches normal operating temperature.  This makes me believe that it is a too lean mixture and poor atomization of the fuel when cold.  H-D has their ECM's programmed to come out of cold start/warm up enrichment way too fast, to more easily meet EPA emissions standards.  If you have a SERT, you should be able to change the values in the "cold start" and "warm up" tables to richen the mixture until the bike is actually warmed up.  One of the SERT experts on this site could probably give you more detailed information on accessing the tables and recommended settings.  For those with other tuning devices like the PC, you have to richen the low speed mixture (1000 - 2000 rpm @ 0 - 10% throttle) just enough to eliminate the stumble when cold without going too rich when up to normal operating temp.  That's the method I used, since I don't have a SERT.  Once you get the low speed mixture dialed in, you'll also notice that the bike will run smoothly below 2000 rpm.  Stock, it bucks and jerks any time you let the rpm's drop below about 1900.[/highlight]

Jerry

Wow Jerry, that's some great information.  You describe exactly what mine is doing including the bucking and jerking below 1900.  If anyone has any tips on the adjustments, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks again for the info Jerry.
Bob

2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 03:03:53 PM »

It is stupid we have to make the dumb bikes run better, I suppose I could have jus left it but what fun would that be.  Not too pissed off, I'm am afterall a car dealer and understand how some chit can go wrong, but it is disappointing when it happens.

New owner as in you sold it or as in the shop sold and you are starting over?

It's sold. When it wants to live in the shop more than on the road I gotta let it go.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 07:26:47 PM »

It's sold. When it wants to live in the shop more than on the road I gotta let it go.

I see the 2007 has a 110 and a 6 spd.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 25 queries.