Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLTRUSE 110 SE Surgery  (Read 1918 times)

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
FLTRUSE 110 SE Surgery
« on: February 13, 2012, 07:12:57 AM »

I never understood why the MoCo doesn't build the 110 with all SE parts?  I decided to have my local shop, Foster H-D, upgrade my motor with SE 10.5:1 pistons, HV oil pump and cam plate, adjustable pushrods, valve springs, roller rocker arms, and cam bearings put in, along with the SEPST and ported/polished head work.  Backing it all up with a Fullsac pipe and Rinehart 4" mufflers.  Foster has their own 585-lift cams which retain the low-end torque, so I'm hoping the dyno curve will be off the charts.

Sad thing is that I don't get to ride it until June.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: FLTRUSE 110 SE Surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 03:19:01 PM »

Moved this for you since your post seem all about the engine...  Good luck with the build!

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:44:46 PM »

I never understood why the MoCo doesn't build the 110 with all SE parts?  I decided to have my local shop, Foster H-D, upgrade my motor with SE 10.5:1 pistons, HV oil pump and cam plate, adjustable pushrods, valve springs, roller rocker arms, and cam bearings put in, along with the SEPST and ported/polished head work.  Backing it all up with a Fullsac pipe and Rinehart 4" mufflers.  Foster has their own 585-lift cams which retain the low-end torque, so I'm hoping the dyno curve will be off the charts.

Sad thing is that I don't get to ride it until June.

None of my business, but why?  Certainly not the weather up in North Alabama.

SE parts are not the same as CVO parts...while I don't disagree with what you are saying about the lack of SE parts for the engine in a CVO bike, it ain't never gonna happen, 'cause HD can get more money out of you when you want to "upgrade" the engine.  Why would HD put more robust parts in a CVO engine than any other engine?  What you get with a CVO is more CI, "better" paint schemes, more chrome, and some extra do-dads.  The CVO is still worth the extra $$, but if they actually did it right, they'd be $45K instead of $37K
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 11:29:40 PM »

Rider,
  Working in Afghanistan, home in June on R&R.  Having Foster HD in Tuscumbia do the work while I'm here. 

You're right on the MoCo not using SE in the CVO; I would rather they simply call it a CVO and drop the SE reference altogether, at least as far as the motor goes. Nice to have the heads, I suppose, but it doesn't qualify as SE. And I figure that if the auto mfrs can put out hot-rods like the 'Vette or the new Mustang, relegating most of the SE line to 'race only' doesn't make much sense.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »

Rider,
  Working in Afghanistan, home in June on R&R.  Having Foster HD in Tuscumbia do the work while I'm here. 

You're right on the MoCo not using SE in the CVO; I would rather they simply call it a CVO and drop the SE reference altogether, at least as far as the motor goes. Nice to have the heads, I suppose, but it doesn't qualify as SE. And I figure that if the auto mfrs can put out hot-rods like the 'Vette or the new Mustang, relegating most of the SE line to 'race only' doesn't make much sense.

agree

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 01:57:55 AM »

OK, so my tech is almost done with the build.  Initial readings are 117 HP and 121 TQ.  Hoping to see a dyno curve to see what kind of low-end pull I'll have. The waiting is painful.......

Smitty2u

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 07:42:24 AM »

I feel your pain.  I have the same scooter and it's build is wrapping up.  Hope to get her back even today and see she did on the Dyno and more importantly what kind of pucker factor she'll produce.  Good luck & keep it rubber side down.

Smitty
130TQ 124HP
TR Stage 2 Street Eliminator Pro-Touring Heads
TR-660-SM Cam
TTS Master Tuner
SE 10.5:1 forged pistons
4-5/8" stroke Se Pro Stroker Flywheel and rod Assembly, trued and welded by Revolution Performance
Cylinders 4.060 Bore
Timekin Bearing
SE 58mm TB
SE 5.3 grms/sec injectors
SE lifters,
SE rods
SE Clutch upgrade
V&H Power Dual headers with V&H Twin Slash Oval slipons.
Andrews 31T transmission sprocket
K&N air filter

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 09:09:17 AM »

Smitty, glad to hear you're getting your ride back! Hope it packs a punch. Been keeping up with your experience and learned alot about what works. I'll see the results of mine in May.

I stepped up to the RGU from a '95 Fat Boy. When I first rode it, I was surprised by the power difference. But now......THIS should be interesting!

vr/B

Smitty2u

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »

I stepped up from a 96 FatBoy.  I loved the ride around town on that bike, not so much on longer trips.   Have been pleased with the RG and now......  Well if I could get her back on the rode I'd be lots happier.  It's like christmast eve as a kid, knowing I've got something sweet coming, but can't put my hands on it.
130TQ 124HP
TR Stage 2 Street Eliminator Pro-Touring Heads
TR-660-SM Cam
TTS Master Tuner
SE 10.5:1 forged pistons
4-5/8" stroke Se Pro Stroker Flywheel and rod Assembly, trued and welded by Revolution Performance
Cylinders 4.060 Bore
Timekin Bearing
SE 58mm TB
SE 5.3 grms/sec injectors
SE lifters,
SE rods
SE Clutch upgrade
V&H Power Dual headers with V&H Twin Slash Oval slipons.
Andrews 31T transmission sprocket
K&N air filter

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 25 queries.