Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Anyone Know Anything About These 6.5 inch Speakers?  (Read 4539 times)

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
Re: Anyone Know Anything About These 6.5 inch Speakers?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 08:03:28 AM »

Got the Clarus drivers installed and I have to say ... I am very impressed with the sound quality.

The "Clarus" line retails for $550 per set, but the drivers were compared to the HSK 165 set from Hertz, which retails for $499 per set. It is an even comparison for speaker class. I would choose the Clarus drivers over the Hertz. The only downside to the Clarus drivers is weight - they are VERY heavy speakers. No way I would install them w/o the stock speaker brace. They are probably twice as heavy as the Legatia Pro SE divers, and the Legatia drivers are a 7.1" while the Clarus are 6.5". SQ on the Clarus is EXCELLENT - which makes me even more impatient to mount the Legatias!!

Eventually, the Clarus drivers will be moved to the lowers, which is where I moved the Hertz 165 drivers, so wieght will no longer be a concern. The Legatias will replace the Clarus in the fairing.

Not sure the if the same results hold true for the Imagine line, but I would not hesitate to get a set. I don't see how you could go wrong with either the HAT Imagine speakers or the Hertz HCX-165 speakers.

Hope this helps ... as always, speakers are VERY subjective so I would try and listen to both with your own ears and decide which sound better to you.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Tom149

• 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate, 107CI
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate
    • CVO2: Non-CVO 98' Fatboy 95th Anniversary Edition - Wife's Ride
Re: Anyone Know Anything About These 6.5 inch Speakers?
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 09:25:21 AM »

Got the Clarus drivers installed and I have to say ... I am very impressed with the sound quality.

The "Clarus" line retails for $550 per set, but the drivers were compared to the HSK 165 set from Hertz, which retails for $499 per set. It is an even comparison for speaker class. I would choose the Clarus drivers over the Hertz. The only downside to the Clarus drivers is weight - they are VERY heavy speakers. No way I would install them w/o the stock speaker brace. They are probably twice as heavy as the Legatia Pro SE divers, and the Legatia drivers are a 7.1" while the Clarus are 6.5". SQ on the Clarus is EXCELLENT - which makes me even more impatient to mount the Legatias!!

Eventually, the Clarus drivers will be moved to the lowers, which is where I moved the Hertz 165 drivers, so wieght will no longer be a concern. The Legatias will replace the Clarus in the fairing.

Not sure the if the same results hold true for the Imagine line, but I would not hesitate to get a set. I don't see how you could go wrong with either the HAT Imagine speakers or the Hertz HCX-165 speakers.

Hope this helps ... as always, speakers are VERY subjective so I would try and listen to both with your own ears and decide which sound better to you.
Thanks Tif2, I was waiting for your review and sounds like a home run, enjoy and Happy Holidays.

Tom
Tom
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.