Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fat Cat Baffle  (Read 2399 times)

ob1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTCUSE 2
    • CVO2: FLSTSE 1
    • CVO3: 2013 Custom FLHX
Fat Cat Baffle
« on: December 23, 2011, 12:13:51 AM »

Winter build on 10 conv. woods 777 cams, 10.5 s.e. pistons, fueling lifters and push rods, heads ported. Changing out exhaust from v and h big shot staggered to Fat Cat. Looking at going with the Big Boar Baffles...

Standard Baffle or Big Boar Baffle???

Knowledge appreciated..

Tim

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: Fat Cat Baffle
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »

Winter build on 10 conv. woods 777 cams, 10.5 s.e. pistons, fueling lifters and push rods, heads ported. Changing out exhaust from v and h big shot staggered to Fat Cat. Looking at going with the Big Boar Baffles...

Standard Baffle or Big Boar Baffle???

Knowledge appreciated..

Tim

You actually have a third option. There's a "wrapped" big bore baffle for the Fat Cat. I actually have 2 mufflers. One with the wrapped big bore and one with the unwrapped big bore. (It's easier to swap out the entire muffler since there's only one versus swapping out the baffle which is a real pain in the a**.)

The unwrapped big bore is loud, as in really, really loud with an "angry" tone to it. It really will get everyone's attention if that's what you're looking for. The wrapped version is also loud but without the "angry" attitude and the "shake your neighbor's house to the ground" volume. I've ridden 2000 miles in a single trip with the unwrapped big bore and it will surely get everyone's attention but after a while if you're riding with other guys, they will beg and plead to ride in front of you after a while.

The unwrapped has more of a metallic sound to it, while the wrapped has a deeper sound. In either case, you'll want the big bore over the standard baffle. Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:48:26 PM by Heatwave »

KKM

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:07:23 PM »

Agree that the wrapped version is the best long ride option. The techs at Killer Creek HD still refer to me as the guy with the LOUD bike, a year after I swapped to the "quiet" baffle.
Get the wrapped one, if you want the loud one later, I'll give it to you for shipping cost...only 600 miles on it.
Kevin

ob1

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

Thanks for the advice Guys. Plan on following it.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »

The Lovered Wrapped baffle gives the best performance in the cruise area over the other baffles
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »

The Lovered Wrapped baffle gives the best performance in the cruise area over the other baffles
Doc

Doc 1 stole my thunder.  That's the route I went as well. 
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

ob1

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »

Are there any"hits" with the standard louvered baffle on a 110. Was informed that the Big Boar was more suitable for 110 engines with mind work done...

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »

Are there any"hits" with the standard louvered baffle on a 110. Was informed that the Big Boar was more suitable for 110 engines with mind work done...

If you've had headwork with a larger TB and injectors, you'll lose some topend performance bcause of the limited the exhaust flow with the standard baffle vs the big bore. If you have'nt had headwork with a larger TB, I don't think you'll lose much topend by going to the standard baffle.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 02:39:42 PM by Heatwave »

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 01:42:49 PM »

If you've had headwork with alerger TB and injectors, you'll lose some topend performance bu limited the exhaust flow with the standard baffle vs the big bore. If you have'n;t had headwork with a larger TB, I don't think you'll lose much topend by going to the standard baffle.
I agree with Heatwave.  I would just add if you plan on more/future upgrades then get the correct baffle with that in mind.  If not then not to worry.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.