Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: install aux lamps on SESG2?  (Read 16991 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: install aux lamps on SESG2?
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »

I'm debating the headwinds kit $1500.00. But I think you get real chrome with that, not the plastic that Harley sells, cud be wrong tho. Seein how the little green lizard is payin for this I may go that route.Thanks for the spiced rum pics, that's what I have and finally get to see what it looks like with the bigger lights on.

As Skillet's photo shows.......definately a cleaner looking set up than the HD version.  The whole thought behind the Street Glide was "less is better" or "strpped down is the way to go" and so the Headwinds or the Kuryakyn are so much more modern looking than the old fashioned (did I just say that?) Ultra Classic look.

And, after having just rode 727 miles the past two days with somebody that has these lights, you'd be amazed at how much light they put out.  He's riding a SERG with the upgraded bulbs and if I were very far in front of him, all I could see in my mirror is the two outside lower driving lights......very "white" light and very intense. 

Sure has me thinking about them.  But I have to really think hard cuz anything I do, I have to do twice (the wife's bike).  In this case, it would be a safety feature.  Even though we both have true HID headlights (twice or three times the stock headlight), we both are getting at the age where driving at night is becoming an issue so there's my excuse. ;)

That bike's lookin good Skillet! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »

Skillet.. looks good .. did you have any clearance issues between lowers-lights-and upper fairing.. Jus wondering if I am the only one with approx 1/8" max in each area ..  :nixweiss:

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »

Headwinds made or modified brackets just for these SESG's and there is still a clearance problem when installing. You'll need to loosen and slide the lowers out as much as needed for clearance. I have no issues now. And again let me say that these lights are bright. Thanks for the compliments.

Montanakid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2012, 03:41:48 PM »

This is was I was debating.

http://www.headwinds.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=headwinds01&Product_Code=2-4306F-4208VCA&Category_Code=0102300101
As the earlier Spiced Rum IHO thr bigger spots look great, but then again Skillets look good also.geez emma dilemma
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:56:08 AM by Montanakid »
S&S T 124 LC Engine
D&D Borzilla Eghaust
Horsepower Inc Throttle Assembly
Hawg Wired 6 Pack System
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 440's Rear

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »

Well the $500 was tough for me to justify so I know the $1599 could be real hard. Headwinds makes a quality product as you will see in whatever version that you buy. I just think the low profile streamlined look goes with the SESG.

jrice454

• Junior CVO Member
  • A rock is a rock...

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 - Black Diamond/Crimson Tag
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »

Here's a shot at an angle of the Headwinds running lights and the H-D blacked out LED headlight.

Those are great looking! I'm in...more $$$ :2vrolijk_21:

Jim
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.