Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Stuff Work  (Read 1398 times)

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • SPIARTSgraphics
Making Stuff Work
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:30:25 AM »

I wanted a thread that I find interesting and to begin I want to introduce to things that I added to my 08 SERK that look great, but is not design for my bike.
The last bike show that I entered I lost out to a CVO Street Glide out of the crate and the only addition was a GPS. Outside of the fairing and hardbags it is the same bike. It had that black and green custom paint job, but give me a break. There were a couple of additions that I like that are not made for the older bike. I like them so well I made them work on my 08.  The first thing that I added is the stealth rigid luggage rack. I fell in love with that look. It was made for the road king, but not the screamin eagle.  After some planning and a few mods I like the look on my bike.  The next was that module sticking out from my carburetor after adding the heavy breather.  I did not like the Kuryakyn's.  HD has a better looking breather in my view, but instead of completing the look for 08's they reposition the module and hid it.  After a year or two I took my foot ball and came up with a look that I can live with.
Jcarl
• I picked up my pal October 12, 2007
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• SPIARTSgraphics
Re: Making Stuff Work
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:32:37 AM »

The carb mod module cover
Jcarl
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

flhrse4

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:06:25 AM »

You do relize that Kuryakyan and HD make throtle body cover for this .  Kuryakyan looks something like the the one yu have made.  Nice pics of your work

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• SPIARTSgraphics
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 07:36:54 PM »

Say, thanks for the comp.  I took a close look at Kuryakyn's setup. I looked at a riding buddy's setup and notice that it is best to purchase all Kuryakyn parts.  I like the look of the HD breather.  HD did a great job with everything with exception of the module sticking out of the back.  I was able to use the space plate at the top center.  When my buddy saw my configuration he was let down.  it stopped his brag.  When I get it cleaned up I will take a right profile shot of the bike.
Jcarl

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 25 queries.