Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: RB Racing Pipe installed Finally  (Read 3976 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: RB Racing Pipe installed Finally
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 04:44:47 AM »

Allow me a day to contact this source; I do not know how they want to resell these components. I will call them in the AM, and give you the results directly after.
Hope this is ok.

kona76
Mike K.

Thanks Mate!
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy Platnum/Silver
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 09:44:13 PM »

hey mike, purple haze here , why use p.c. 3 ,why not use s.e.r.t. ,i have heard bad things about power comander , also i think your dyno will get more horesower , and no bull , get scremin eagle plug wires thats 2H.P for $15.00 . oh well just my 2 cents do what makes you happy, just doing preaching, what brand of pipes are they? they look like thunder header ,good pipe, i like the 2 pipe look, but when i can have 10 more H.P they look awesome! the 2 into 1 that is! peace out bro.  [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
I don't really plan on any more mods until I reach 40-50K miles. I love power and not big on speed. I read that the sert is more for someone who is putting a new cam, and or bigger pistons etc on their bike. My old lady's threatning to buy a 30K coachmen to make us even (aint happenin). Anyways on your other post about the bike running possibly lean.....I had to ride it one more time befrore the dyno tune today since its not raining and I notice it smelled of gas. Does it make since that it would turn rich on the fuel? If I look hard I can almost see some flame shooting out the pipe as if some extra fuel left over. Oh by the way, the pipe is the RB-Racing LSR 2-1. Most rant and rave about the customer service and some bitch about the quality. All I can say is it took 5 weeks longer to get than expected (11 weeks total) but it was well worth the wait since I really like the way they look.

Mike

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 08:12:19 AM »

kona,
Do you have the part No. for the Mentor Alpha "N"??

Cheers
Aussie

Aussie,

Sorry for the delay, here is the source for the Mentor Alpha 'N':

World Thunder Custom Cycles
(818) 280-0813
21744 Marilla St
Chatsworth, CA 91311

I believe they actually OEM or manufacturer this Mentor Alpha "N" module. If you need more information, let me know.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 08:13:12 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

PoorUrbanHdBiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 10:53:32 AM »

This product is related to the Terry Products Terminal Velocity. I am not sure the exact connection.
Dyno tuners no need to worry ths is not going to put you out of business. No timing is addressed and with the range of adjustabiltiy and a single 02 sensor (1 cylinder monitored only) a very good fuel map (close to right) needs to be in place before expecting this device to work properly, assuming the manufacturere has worked the bugs out, and yes they have had issues. If you have one and it works well consider yourself lucky.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 06:13:17 AM »

This product is related to the Terry Products Terminal Velocity. I am not sure the exact connection.
[highlight]Dyno tuners no need to worry ths is not going to put you out of business. [/highlight]No timing is addressed and with the range of adjustabiltiy and a single 02 sensor (1 cylinder monitored only) a very good fuel map (close to right) needs to be in place before expecting this device to work properly, assuming the manufacturere has worked the bugs out, and yes they have had issues. If you have one and it works well consider yourself lucky.

So, what: you are the defender of the high priced Tuners out there? What if I did have the Tuner "Replacement" for all HD CVO's and the rest? Would you not applaud and tell others there is the ultimate module out there: no more 15 or 20 dyno runs at $200-$300+ each, no more tuning necessary,,,, would you not rejoice in the technology? I surely would. Hella. Don't get me wrong, I think Tuners are a form of technology art. And they can be worth their respective weight in gold. Hell, it's 3:05AM and I need one right now...

But "don't worry tuners"? I think they should worry. Bigtime. Why? Because, as I have always quoted one so much wiser than me: "Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way".
Technology will get a chance to outdo the "onboard systems" faster than you can say Star Trek. And that, my friend, is what the EPA Terrified MOCO is looking into as we speak. Finding the way to burst the EPA's evil control freak "Bubble" and satisfy the hundreds of thousands of guys like you and me who live to ride and ride to live on a Harley Davidson designed for performance, but shipped anemic for god knows what reason.

I am one of the lucky ones. This cheapo mod helped me without spending rare and hard to acquire OCD Dollars on 4 more dyno runs (like $800).

Cheers to all of the Tuners, and you PoorUrbanHdBiker.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 06:16:10 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 07:01:55 PM »

Kona76, what kind of increase in hp and torque did you get when you went to the 51MM TB? I know its more than I want to spend but hey if I could throw that on, add another tune job to it hell it would only be mad money  and the wifey would never know 8-) Also, do you what the stock CAM in these bad boys are?

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 08:44:47 PM »

Kona76, what kind of increase in hp and torque did you get when you went to the 51MM TB? I know its more than I want to spend but hey if I could throw that on, add another tune job to it hell it would only be mad money  and the wifey would never know 8-) Also, do you what [highlight]the stock CAM in these bad boys are[/highlight]?

SE-253    25376-03 .538"/.538" 240[ch730]/256[ch730] Intake: 7[ch730] BTDC/53[ch730] ABDC 0.119"/.158"
(CVO)                                               Exhaust: 59[ch730] BBDC/17[ch730] ATDC

Cheers
Aussie

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 09:02:33 PM »

thanks aussie, now i got alot of research to do cause I have no idea what you just put on that post. i'm not hip on on the jargon yet.

Mike :-[

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 06:48:44 AM »

Kona76, [highlight]what kind of increase in hp and torque did you get when you went to the 51MM TB? I know its more than I want to spend but hey if I could throw that on, add another tune job to it hell it would only be mad money  and the wifey would never know 8-) Also, do you what the stock CAM in these bad boys are?
[/highlight]

Sorry for the delay in answer, I have posted this information previously and here it is again in complete answer:[highlight]Yes, sorry for the confusion. the data from 5/12/06 are the results before the Throttle Body was installed. As I look at it now, the horsepower gain of +2.92 and loss of -.14 of torque are due to the effects of the Horsepower Inc Throttle Body install, and of course the enviromental conditions. [/highlight]

PoorUrbanHdBiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 11:20:45 PM »

[highlight]So, what: you are the defender of the high priced Tuners out there[/highlight]? [highlight]What if I did have the Tuner "Replacement" for all HD CVO's [/highlight]and the rest? Would you not applaud and tell others there is the ultimate module out there: no more 15 or 20 dyno runs at $200-$300+ each, no more tuning necessary,,,, would you not rejoice in the technology? I surely would. Hella. Don't get me wrong, I think Tuners are a form of technology art. And they can be worth their respective weight in gold. Hell, it's 3:05AM and I need one right now...

But "don't worry tuners"? I think they should worry. Bigtime. Why? Because, as I have always quoted one so much wiser than me: "Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way".
Technology will get a chance to outdo the "onboard systems" faster than you can say Star Trek. And that, my friend, is what the EPA Terrified MOCO is looking into as we speak. Finding the way to burst the EPA's evil control freak "Bubble" and satisfy the hundreds of thousands of guys like you and me who live to ride and ride to live on a Harley Davidson designed for performance, but shipped anemic for god knows what reason.

I am one of the lucky ones. This cheapo mod helped me without spending rare and hard to acquire OCD Dollars on 4 more dyno runs (like $800).

Cheers to all of the Tuners, and you PoorUrbanHdBiker.

Kona first and foremost sorry I offended you.
I feel that you seriously misunderstand my statements therefore I will try to explain using facts and data. I can cite references if needed but for the sake of a forum like this  won’t bother.
First About me
I have previously been involved with motorsports of all kinds including working on winning NHRA race teams, owned a HD since 1981 and always do my own wrenching, worked for a HD dealer in parts and tech, worked as an independent tech, and currently work in an engineering field and repairing and modifying HDs for fun. I have no pony in this race (profit motive) and am not by any means an anti-technologist.  Nor am I any friend or foe of tuners. I have wasted money on a poor tune just like many. I have also had great success when I found a tuner that actually understood how the uneven fire V-Twin works and how to feed it the proper timing and fuel to enable it to make power, get respectable mileage, and have good drivability under all operating conditions. This takes individual cylinder fuel mapping, and timing. No canned maps can equal this level of tune.  It does take time, lots of it, therefore we all work for a living so why shouldn’t the tech be paid for that time? There are viable options to get equal or better results. The DTT TCFI (2) Wego O2 sensor ECU replacement is on the same quality level as the OEM product and plugs directly into the Delphi ECU plug, no wire cutting. This system works in mild (granted the price is not justified) or very out of stock spec builds. What is exciting and here for 2007 (2006 Dyna too) is the factory closed loop system. Best of both worlds. With a SERT the stoic number can be offset to a lower value (14.7 down to a more reasonable number like 13.9) and the cruise is then handled, while the higher speed ranges are a fixed map. This system works well and many are finding that by opening up their anti–technology Anti MOCO minds a bit and thinking out of the box these systems have to potential to give us excellent manors, mileage, engine life and performance all. No sacrifices! So there is a solution and the aftermarket is not needed to get it done quite well. Of course they will offer competitive products and if one of them equals or betters this I will flop over just like the good parts whore I am.
Clarification of advertising
I am fascinated how a device like the Terry Products Terminal Velocity can be advertised as “Alpha-N” Alpha-N by definition is not closed loop at all and uses no map sensor. It is the oldest and crudest of EFI systems and is what principal the Weber Magnetti Marelli system uses. The Delphi is a “Speed Density” injection system. The Terry product is nothing more than a microprocessor based fuel curve modifier. Being that the O2 sensor they use is only one and located at one spot in the pipe that is the data point that gets measured. The cylinders then get fed the same duration injection amount for front and rear cylinders. Depending on the pipe and the sampling spot this can be very far off or just a small amount off from ideal for one or both cylinders. There also is no provision to give the motor a little extra at WOT as it should be (down from a 14 cruise economy setting to a low 13) which protects the motor from frying on long high speed runs and assures maximum power. There is more power, economy, and to be had too with timing adjustments as the factory EPA timing curves are very conservative. All of that said the motor will run OK in a state of tune very less than optimized. The average rider may not knowthat there is any issue using the butt dyno.
Conclusion
We all need to understand that we don't live in an "either or" world. This advanced technology that you suggest we embrace also is accompanied with hopefully an advanced mindset too more along the digital nature than straight analog.
So I am happy the tuning device work for you seriously. There are many ways to get the job done for sure.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:24:30 PM by PoorUrbanHdBiker »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 25 queries.