Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac n Bub Cat. 7  (Read 734 times)

tom slik

Fullsac n Bub Cat. 7
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »

Was just wonderin' if someone has tried this combo.  Read a recent article about the Bubs with the Cat in the mufflers instead of the pipe, and had a similar X-pipe from Bub on also, so I thought it might be a possible benefit to be legal in all 50 states and use the fullsac X-pipe. Any comments would be appreciated, since this April will be my time to upgrade  my Leprechaun ( 11 Flhxse2 ), pipes bars, etc.  again thanx!!

glens

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Fullsac n Bub Cat. 7
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 04:35:46 PM »

Even if with the results you were able to pass the full battery of emissions testing (both gas content and sound levels) with your new combination, from a "technicality" standpoint you would not be considered "legal".  By changing the bike from an as-manufactured-and-delivered condition you have technically created an entirely new "vehicle" which by EPA regs would be required to be submitted for consideration by them.

I'm not trying to talk you out of what you want to do.  I just want to let you know that it will not achieve your stated goal.

Bigjim1661

• Can you curl a harley?
Re: Fullsac n Bub Cat. 7
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:30:39 AM »

Actually depends on what state you live in. Here in Crapafornia, any bike or exhaust system manufactured after 1/1/2013 must have an epa stamped exhaust. The Bub was tested with different headers during the EPA testing, so you will be ok the change out the header. The pipe is stamped and catted, and that is all that matters. By the way, the BUB cat flows better and lasts longer than the harley cat. Funny note about cats and warrenties...The cats that bub made were required to last for the life of the bike. The federally calculated lifespan of a new Harley Davidson is 18,000 miles!!! 

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.