Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cheap way to stand bike upright while changing fluids?  (Read 9446 times)

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
Re: Cheap way to stand bike upright while changing fluids?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 09:03:24 AM »

Ditto on the wood box/2x4 stack method - I slip a small stack of 1x8 under the jiffy stand to get the bike near vertical, then another built-up stack of 2x6 under the floorboard support then lean the bike onto the 2x6 stack on the right side.  I set a level on the passenger seat to get it dead level by 1/8 metal shim (I wouldn't have to do this but I have 3 bikes and they're all a different height).  With this stack method, you have lots of clearance under the enginer/tranny for a big drain pan.  A standard cheapo under bike lift gets in the way.

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: Cheap way to stand bike upright while changing fluids?
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »

Ditto on the wood box/2x4 stack method - I slip a small stack of 1x8 under the jiffy stand to get the bike near vertical, then another built-up stack of 2x6 under the floorboard support then lean the bike onto the 2x6 stack on the right side.  I set a level on the passenger seat to get it dead level by 1/8 metal shim (I wouldn't have to do this but I have 3 bikes and they're all a different height).  With this stack method, you have lots of clearance under the enginer/tranny for a big drain pan.  A standard cheapo under bike lift gets in the way.

:2vrolijk_21: right on re. stand in the way. 
Do it now!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.