Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New Harley and CVO Roadglide Ultra owner. New to forum.  (Read 4836 times)

gpopvet

• Elite CVO Member
  • 74 and still riding hard.
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Trike
Re: New Harley and CVO Roadglide Ultra owner. New to forum.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »

Welcome I know I Love mine more than any of my other Harleys.
2021 CVO Trike

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »

Welcome to the site from Southern Ontario, Canada    :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »

Hello from DETROIT

Jackhd

• Full CVO Member
  • many happy miles ahead
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 07:39:11 PM »

Welcome from wISCONSIN

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

Great taste!!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 10:36:36 PM »

Nice bike obviously you have great taste perfect bike and color welcome from Fresno CA
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

heinkel150

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 06:57:24 PM »

Welcome aboard. I bought the exact same bike 4 months ago and couldn't be happier with it. What you'll find is that it is way less prone to side winds and buffeting from trucks in general. I put a V-Stream tall windscreen on mine and swapped the saddle for a Road Zeppelin air adjusted saddle. This makes the bike incredibly comfortable with 2 up, BUT you'll also need to add a Kuryakin Tour pack relocation kit, as we were jammed together and the current tour pak design will not let that move back like before.

I am also 6ft 2", weigh 105Kg  and wife is a slim 75Kg 5ft 7" so even for us we have found the newer frames a bit of a squeeze without this modification. Weirdly, we actually had more room on the 2007 Ultra Classic and 2000 Ultra Classic.

You'll find the 110 SE absolutely fabulous, even bog stock and personally I wouldn't go messing until you have 5000 miles or so on it. After the 1st service, my bike got smoother, ran cooler and pulled about an extra 5 Mpg out of a gallon of juice. Loads and loads of torque. 140Kmh is no bother at all 2 up.

My ONLY gripe is that at 3500Km, the engine paint is peeling badly and I think this is totally un-acceptable for a bike that costs €37500 in Ireland. I would rather HD had simply polished the bare aluminium and left it un-painted as this looks really bad. I DO NOT want the engine stripped and new parts fitted, as I feel the same will just happen again.

I am pretty paranoid about letting the bike get wet and dirty and bought a 2008 Dyna for those wet days during the winter months that I fancied a blast, so to have my practically new bike show this fault, this early on, given the way she is treated, always garaged, with CVO cover over bike and a garage heater to keep it warm under the cover is really annoying.

However, I am going to get over myself, and just enjoy the brilliant ride and worry a lot less about a bit of peeling paint. She's heading for Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland this summer so roll on the good roads and good weather!

Hope you love her, she'll turn heads EVERYWHERE!

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 07:12:41 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:  GOOD CHOICE!!! of both bike type and colour.
I moved from Electra classic Ultra's last year to RG Ultra CVO. Various reasons, RG's not normally sold in UK, so unique, having the fairing on frame and it looked nice. Bearing in mind this was ordered from the catalogue and unable to trial ride first.
Both myself and wife are very happy with the purchase, although very expensive, but it has everything.
and yes the pegs come with it, (or should) with Ipod, lights for side & top boxes.
I will be replacing the air temp gauge with oil temp gauge. I installed Kuryakyn monster blasters and then had the bike fully tuned. runs cooler, better mpg and faster.
Two gripes. (1) as previous note, less space for passenger than on EG, complaint from er indoors, so I may have to consider the extension kit. (2) You get wet legs when riding in the rain!! (never happened on the EG). The rain sweeps along the fairing edge on to your knees, then down your legs...However, I have fixed this my installing Sancho Wings, available from a guy in California.

Enjoy.  :cherry:

I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: I forgot to add that I also moved the back pegs.
You will find that the back passenger boards interfer with your legs when standing.
Fixed this by swapping the board brackets left to right, need to do this so the adjustment of the boards still work, as there is only 90deg travel.
You also need to keep the boards on the original sides to maintain symmetry with the front boards.

now perfect.
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

D avidGraham

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 11:26:24 PM »

Thanks a ton for the kind wishes and really helpful advice. Much appreciated and best to all.
2011 FLTRUSE (Rio Red)

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »

Welcome to the site from Lake Mary FL  :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:

08SEUltra

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »

Congrats on a great bike.  I'm guessing you bought your bike at Tramontin HD.  If so, I'm letting you know that they did a great Dyno tune on my 2008 CVO Ultra (using a previously purchased Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner).  I now have almost 43k miles, and the bike has run beautifully in the years since the tune. 

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 05:12:15 PM »

Welcome to the site from Tennessee! Congrats on the new CVO 'Glide.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.