Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shock part # help!!  (Read 864 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Shock part # help!!
« on: July 10, 2006, 07:44:26 PM »

Could someone help me out with a part number for the left rear factory shock for a CUSE.  I took it in over a week ago as it was leaking oil. Now it seems that it's on backorder. It took me three days of pestering them to get this info. Me and a buddy are leaving, or trying to leave for a trip this Thurdsay and I want to call a few other dealers to see if they have one in stock. I asked this dealer, who is not the selling dealer, if there were other options, but it appears their heads are stuck in the sand. So tomorrow I'm going to make a few phone calls and see what I can round up.  Thanks for any info and also, is this the same shock as a stock E-Glide?
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Wakko

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Shock part # help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:45:40 AM »

From the 2006 Parts catalog:
Part No. 54565-97C
Description  SHOCK ABSORBER, /w 54320-97 (2)

I don't understand. You couldn't get this info from your dealer?

And, BTW, I recommend that everyone get the manuals for their bikes...service, electrical AND parts.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:54:28 AM »

From the 2006 Parts catalog:
Part No. 54565-97C
Description  SHOCK ABSORBER, /w 54320-97 (2)

I don't understand. You couldn't get this info from your dealer?

And, BTW, I recommend that everyone get the manuals for their bikes...service, electrical AND parts.

Wakko, thank you very much.  By the time I decided to take matters in my own hands, the dealer was closed. I have the service manual, but haven't purchased the parts manual yet.

Wakko

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 10:12:25 AM »

I hope you get your shock in time for your trip.
With that kind of part number I'm surprised you're having a hard time finding one.
I'd be willing to bet a stock shock would fit fine. The dealer should just take one off one of their backroom stock bikes awaiting owners months from now.

And I never knew the air shocks actually have oil in them. Thanks for pointing that out. Could be helpful someday.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 10:14:32 AM by Wakko »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 10:43:37 AM »

Wakko, the part # you gave me is for the fitting, not the shock. But the good news is the Selling dealer has the part in stock  # 54565-97C and they are going to go to the store that has the bike and pick it up and make the repairs by tomorrow so we can leave on schedule.  Only drawback is it's a two hour + round trip to the selling dealer, even worse if traffic is backed up.  I'll be ready for a vacation by the time I get it back home.  LOL and thanks.

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 21 queries.