Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lenale Harley Cooling Systems?  (Read 1656 times)

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
Lenale Harley Cooling Systems?
« on: April 12, 2013, 02:22:14 PM »

Anyone tried this? Does it work moving the horn if you have lower fairings? I thought it looked pretty nifty.
Saw it on eBay for around $220.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Lenale Harley Cooling Systems?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 02:44:46 PM »

You may want to search "Lenale" I found two pages of threads that either have posts about it or are the topics/subjects of the thread(s).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »

I have been searching and researching fans for a few months now and eventually decided on the Ward Parts Works, i received them a few days ago and will be fitting them today so will post my feedback and photos tomorrow!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:09:34 PM by Charlie »
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:06:54 PM »

You may want to search "Lenale" I found two pages of threads that either have posts about it or are the topics/subjects of the thread(s).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks, I tried lenale, but, no results found for me. I must be a noob. Oh tried again from the main page and it worked. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:11:12 PM by Kilaani »
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 11:43:32 AM »

I have Wards Parts fans and they seem to help: http://www.wardspartswerks.com/

Stock photo:

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »

Just fitted my Wards Fans today, not done much riding yet but the definitely work!
I went for the thermal switch also, it works great, will post some photos tomorrow but at the moment I'm am very impressed with the performance and the looks!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »

Question for you Texas Fat Boy......
Do you have the Wards Parts fans on the bike in your signature? It looks like you have a MiniBeast horn on it, do they fit together or did you have to remove the MiniBeast and go back to stock horn to get the fans to fit?

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 01:47:07 PM »

I took the Mini Beast off and went back to the stock horn.
But I think he now makes a heavier/wider mount for the Mini Beast.
He wanted to make me one, but I said I'd just put the stock horn back on.

To be honest the two times I needed to blow my Air Horn at a ditzy chick on a cell phone that was cutting me off, I was too busy grabbing the brakes, the clutch and swerving to find the horn button. I'd rather have the heat under control first.

One other time I used my Air Horn, we were in Hot Springs and leaving a gas stop and my bike wouldn't start, so while everybody else was pulling out I was blaring away on the horn and nobody even turned around.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:16:07 AM »

A shot of my Wards Parts Works Fans, Just Fitted and working great!
I also added the Performance Machine Horn Cover! I think it balances out the fans better!!

Jason was a pleasure to deal with! his costumer survive was impeccable,
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:46:43 AM by Charlie »

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 10:40:35 AM »

Anyone tried this? Does it work moving the horn if you have lower fairings? I thought it looked pretty nifty.
Saw it on eBay for around $220.

Jill - if you are going the cooling fans route, then don't waste your money on these. Notice how that fan is only in the center of the cylinders? All it will do is blow air between them, which does little if any good.

The Wards Parts Works double fans from Jason are mounted right in front of each cylinder, and blow high quantities of air directly on the hottest part of each head. Jason has done extensive testing of these, and they work. The automatic temperature switch makes them work even better, because it cycles them on and off as needed. Mine cycle on and off several times even after the bike is parked, as heat makes its way out of the heads to the surface.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 12:00:37 PM »

A closer shot of the Wards Parts Works Fans,

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.