Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need a MAP Please advise  (Read 1008 times)

ChiTracker

Need a MAP Please advise
« on: February 12, 2012, 04:57:03 PM »

I have a 09 SERG only mods are V&H X pipe header and HO mufflers. Dealership did the exhaust and put a SE pro race tuner on it. The map they used sucks.....
It runs so rich the pipes are full of carbon, it stumbles and runs poor. no power no seat of the pants pull at all. I have a 88in RK that can take this bike.

Does anyone have a map that I can put on this set up.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Need a MAP Please advise
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »

I have a 09 SERG only mods are V&H X pipe header and HO mufflers. Dealership did the exhaust and put a SE pro race tuner on it. The map they used sucks.....
It runs so rich the pipes are full of carbon, it stumbles and runs poor. no power no seat of the pants pull at all. I have a 88in RK that can take this bike.

Dealer did the work and setup?
Why not give them a chance to make it right? Should cost you $0.
Is there some reason you don't want them doing a follow up? I understand if you do not.
 8)
HOGMIKE

ChiTracker

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »

Bike starts and runs, dealer says "whats the problem" they will do it again but not for "0".
Seems to me just easier to find a tested map and dump it in.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »

Bike starts and runs, dealer says "whats the problem" they will do it again but not for "0".
Seems to me just easier to find a tested map and dump it in.

If the bike stumbles and runs poor, can't you say that when they ask what the problem is? Won't womeone over there ride it to see what you are talkiing about? You paid for a tune and you should be satisifed with the work.

But I can relate to your feeling that it may be easier not to go back....but since you paid for it already, I would give it another shot.

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »

pm me
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

ChiTracker

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »

Brother One_Screamin_Eagle, I hit you on the PM.
I do give credence to the other advice all around, but the dealers are not tuning, they dump a map on the bike and kick it. I had a friend with the same type trouble and they fixed his with his bike getting 110 miles to a tank. Then they fixed it again and know his bike goes into heat managment on 60 degree days if he stops at a sign.

If someone else has used this exhaust and has a map that works, seems like I can fix it myself in all of 30 mins.
Thanks fellas.

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 11:26:10 PM »

Have you considered purchasing the software and cables for that SEPST if you haven't already?  You could whip a relatively quick "smart" tune on it yourself, which is undoubtedly what you'd need to do even if you got a calibration file for exactly those same parts from someone else.  It may be a little more like rocket science than whittling a figurine out of a hunk of basswood, but not by a great deal.  And worse case you could always revert to your starting calibration if you don't like the direction it's going for you.  Probably it'll wind up for the better even if it's not as good as a truly professional custom dyno tune.

ChiTracker

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »

This is exactly what I want to do. I have everything to get it underway, I was hoping for a map as a starting point that is already tried and true. I have no trouble doing all myself, I just figured reading on this thing that someone would have used these pipes and mufflers with a CVO and could shoot me the map.

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 12:37:23 AM »

If you've got the software you've got a good starting calibration.  Just pick one that's got the same cams first, after that match the engine size, then as close as possible, the intake/exhaust plumbing.  If the engine size differs from yours, set it right in the calibration, along with the injector size, before you start "smart" tuning.

205UJ004  looks to be close from the information I have at hand.  It's an "all market" calibration so you may have to make sure the "active intake" and "active exhaust" are disabled before you burn it to the bike.  Check and see if maybe it's what's already in there...

ChiTracker

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 10:18:47 AM »

Thanks brother..

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 25 queries.