Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Style Lowers Repair?  (Read 1642 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
New Style Lowers Repair?
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:04:59 PM »

Guys I had the new style vented lowers installed with speakers on my 09. Here is my problem; I need to the remove the piece that holds the speaker in place. It wasn't painted but is a dull black plastic. Now after about a year it is milky and I need to pull it off so I can paint it. Not sure if the front piece snaps off or how the speaker box comes off. Any advise?

BigLew :orange: :orange:

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
Re: New Style Lowers Repair?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:37:35 PM »

It's screwed on. Remove the grills. Remove speakers. Take off the two nuts that hold the cap on the back of the lower. (The part that goes over the crash bar). Then there are 4 Torx screws that hold the speaker pod in place.

Will take more time to find your tools then to remove it!

Hope this helps, Rich
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:39:25 PM by jr1000yarder »
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: New Style Lowers Repair?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:17:22 AM »

Thanks Rich I'll give it a try!

BigLew

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.