Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2007 photos  (Read 2363 times)

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 2007 photos
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 07:05:49 AM »

Don, kind of the same feeling here...nothing there to make me say "Gee, wish I'd waited another 3 months to get an '07".  Of course, waiting to the end of the model year yielded me some benefits, mainly an excellent paint job, and perhaps a few other quirks that were presented at the first of the '06 model year. I'm happy with everything about my bike thus far, with the few little mods I've done to it, and I'm sure there will be more to come.  The new tranny with the different gear type might prove interesting over time, but I'm sure that will soon be available for a rightous price.  

You were dead on...they do all have seats!!  Most will probably have to be replaced with Corbins, but seats, nonetheless.

Guys I'm just not sold on that 6 speed tranny yet .. I know that had a lot of barring problems last year in the Dyna .... Im sure over time it will be a great addition but I would not want one of the first cpl of years bike with one in it ....

Bama
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 07:18:28 AM »

Saw that also, but fitment excludes use with the "premium oil cooler" as installed on our bikes.  Just about spit  up when I saw the price of the filter......$269.95.....Holy Chit!!!...seems a little pricey for a chrome sleeve to maybe catch the drips when changing out the new core.  I may have seen it all now when it comes to pricing.  BTW, changed to the K&N with the nut integrated into the end of the filter.  Figured out a little "Redneck Engineering" and break the filter loose, then cover the whole thing with a plastic freezer bag and put the socket back on the nut and spin it off.  NO Drips or oil spills as the filter and excess oil all end up in the bag.  Not very brilliant, but no cleanup.

Screwy thing was in one separate area of that filters description it said it did work with one specific oil cooler part number.  I just never got around yet to seeing if that number was the one we're using.  

I started using that same K&N filter awhile back too.  Instead of the bag method though I've just got a 2 liter soda bottle with it's top half cut off long ways from the base to just short of the spout.  Can slide it under the filter and catch all the drips and drops.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 07:20:32 AM »

Guys I'm just not sold on that 6 speed tranny yet .. I know that had a lot of barring problems last year in the Dyna .... Im sure over time it will be a great addition but I would not want one of the first cpl of years bike with one in it ....

Bama

Many last year quickly concluded the Dyna was being used for Harley like GM used to use Oldsmobile years ago; as the test bed for things new.  So maybe they learned what they needed to in the past year and made it better.  At least the service interval of 15k miles for a bearing replacement hasn't migrated forward from the 06 Dynas.   So they think they've changed something for the better.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 07:41:19 AM »

Will be verrrrry interesting to see the first 110 on a legitimate dyno.  If you roughly compute the usual difference between the HD crankshaft numbers and the true rear wheel numbers the torque advertised is far less than impressive out of a 110 (translated sick).  My guess is it will take a Zippers 575 and throttle body to wake up this motor enough to run with the converted 103's.
If the 110 follows true to form, the rear wheel numbers will be about 10-12% lower.  This would still bring it in at over 100 ft-lbs out of the crate.  The interesting part to me was where the claimed 115 ft-lbs was developed - 3000 rpm.  This is 500 rpm lower than the 103.  Maybe the MoCo actually reads the stuff on this site and figured out from the Zippers and Freedom cam mods that bagger riders want the torque down low?????

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 10:02:07 AM »

Think about this one for a minute.  A dyna with a 110 CI motor HAS to be a giggle to ride though (regardless of what it looks like).  I love to give one a rip.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 11:00:56 AM »

I also changed to the K&N...will have to try the bag or soda bottle method to catch the mess next change.

Concerning the tranny...what I read said it was different than the one offered as a replacement for the 5 speed this year, whether you bought the whole tranny, case and all, or just the gear set.  This new one has helical cut gears instead of straight, as has been the traditional configuration for oh so many years.  Did last year's Dyna have this same gear set?  If not, we are looking at a totally new product here, unless I read something wrong. The new gears would be inherently quieter, and smoother shifting well...perhaps even more efficient in some regards.  But, it's the first year of production unless it was used in the Dyna last year.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 12:54:02 PM »

I thought I might be selling the 04 SEEG depending on what was available in the 07 CVO.  I have to say that nothing there was exciting enough for me to give it any further thought.

The paint on the CVOs is really lacking this year.  As I understand it, they've switced over to having Thunder Mountain doing all the CVO paint but they sure missed the boat this year, on that issue.  JMHO [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

The six speed is interesting.....we'll just have to wait and see how it shakes out after a year or so.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 01:37:18 PM »

I thought I might be selling the 04 SEEG depending on what was available in the 07 CVO.  I have to say that nothing there was exciting enough for me to give it any further thought.

The paint on the CVOs is really lacking this year.  As I understand it, they've switced over to having Thunder Mountain doing all the CVO paint but they sure missed the boat this year, on that issue.  JMHO [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

The six speed is interesting.....we'll just have to wait and see how it shakes out after a year or so.

JC I agree with you 100% ... I sure aint going to run and call my dealer to get on a waiting list for what Ive seen ... I can do without the "Ego" 110 .... the 103 tuned right is all the bike I need ...and the paint from what I see in the pictures would not make me want to trade .... I would like the 6 speed but only after they proove themselves ... all in all Im pleased with my 03 SERK ...

Bama
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.