Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 FLHTCUSE questions  (Read 1432 times)

anubisss

2007 FLHTCUSE questions
« on: March 20, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »

Hi people.  Kind of new on this forum.  I have a few questions about eh 2007 FLHTCUSE Ultra.  I am thinking about purchasing one from someone whom is a member of this forum and has had it all redone.  Heads replaced, base gaskets replaced, bored out to a 113", and pretty much every other imaginable mod you could do to this bike.  My main concern is the 110 motor on these 2006-2008 models.  Regardless of the fact that the motor has been redone and such and is still under warranty, I need a reliable bike that is not going to leave me in the dust or with stacks of hassles as my bike is my transportation for my life.  Work, store, etc.    I would really like to hear from others with SE models in these year ranges to hear what kind of issues they have had and how they have been dealt with by the motor company etc.  Is this a bike I can purchase and not worry about after the warranty expires?  I don't have the time to be constantly fixing something else on the bike.   

A good friend of mine has a 2011 CVO RG and has had no issues with but of course this is after the 110's were "fixed" so that they were not having the same issues.  If you can just point me in the right direction of a few threads that have the info even that would be great.  Thanks so much for your help.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: 2007 FLHTCUSE questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:20:46 PM »

I suffered through all the '110 problems' with my '07 cuse - leaking head gasket up to a failed engine at 22k due to valve guide dropping and allowing piston to hit the valve.  Moco replaced engine but still had not finalized the 'fix.'  Finally after getting the 'fix' which includes revised head and base gaskets, new heads and new compression releases I have been rock solid for three years.  Bike has 81k on it now and absolutely no problems.

Glad I did not throw in the towel and stuck it out until the fix becuase this bike is a keeper.   :2vrolijk_21:

Sounds like the one you are considering has had the early 110 issues addressed and I would not be concerned.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:26:29 PM »

three years...  81k

I want to be Jerry when I grow up.

anubisss

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »

Thanks for the responses.  That is pretty much the exat info I was looking for as this bike has 23k on it and I plan on owning and riding it for a long time.  My regular daily driver is at 71K right now and is an older softail.  So really it's just heads and base gaskets?  The bike I am hoping to acquire is a form members and he is extremely fastidious as well.  But I plan on putting at least 100K on it. 

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »

Don't lug it or ride it like you stole it back and it should service you well.  ;)
"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »

Make sure the compensator sprocket has been ungraded to a screamin eagle.  That became standard after 2009.  With the build you're describing it's likely done already but worth checking to be sure.  :2vrolijk_21:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.