Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intercom on 2012 SESG  (Read 1025 times)

Crankit

• Junior CVO Member
  • Brand New Baby

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
Intercom on 2012 SESG
« on: March 02, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »

This has probably been beat to death but I couldn't find it. My dealer says the book says this is a "NO FIT" for the SESG. Im guessing because of the amp in the fairing. My parts guy says they can probably modify a new brace or something, has anyone put the Intercom, Bike to Bike, CB Module on the 2012. I had a small spot of cancer removed from my cheek (I'm ok no big deal yet) after purchasing this motorcycle now I need to wear a full face helmet to keep the sun off me so it dont get any worse. I'm thinking my BSR liked the intercom on our ultra so she could be in my ear all the time. I dont want to but I'm thinking I need to install one on this bike. Any Ideas?

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Intercom on 2012 SESG
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:24:13 PM »

This is one of several threads on the topic:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=56934.0

Although it's for the SESG2, plenty of useful information for the SESG3.

As for room, since HD relocated the iPod module to the saddlebag on the SESG3 from the top of the radio, next to the amp, on the SESG2, should be room for the CB module next to the amp.

You can view the installation instructions for the CB/Intercom kit on HD's website; p/n 77108-09A.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Crankit

• Junior CVO Member
  • Brand New Baby

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »

thanks

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:23:04 PM »

In addition to adding a normal AND PROPERLY PINNED 6B connector, you'll also need to add 3 new wires to the 105A connector that leads to the 105B connector in the fairing cap so you can have a functioning speaker switch. I say "properly pinned" because you'll need to add ALL signals on the 6B - not just the CAN(+) and (-), power, and ground.

It was a pain to wire up.

These are the additional wires needed (above and beyond the 6B connector issue) - and it really is a bitch to install if you want it to look stock. You have to completely disassemble the harness on the 23-pin side of the radio (J27B).

105A (Amp/Tyco Multi-lock)                                   J27B (H/K radio 23-Pin)   Function
Position 9 <--------- Orange/Blue -----------------> Position 12                  (ACC Enable - tapped to existing)
Position 10  <------- Violet/Orange ----------------> Position 21                  (Headset Speakers "A")
Position 11  <------- Brown/Orange  ---------------> Position 13                  (Headset Speakers "B")

Hope this helps ....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:27:57 PM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 21 queries.