Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Handle bars and long rides?  (Read 2732 times)

MooseAmos

• Full CVO Member
  • "Damn Few..."

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - "Louie"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTI - "Harry"
Re: Handle bars and long rides?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 03:56:35 PM »

I had the same problem. But I have a shoulder problem on the right side. I needed to go way up. I put 12 inch PY monkey bagger bars on. They are perfect for me. My son rides it and hates it. Not for everyone. I have installed a few sets of different bars for people. With the HD reach bars, all wiring and cables, lines, will work. When you go higher than 10 inch is when you have to start changing things. Those bars that JCZ has will probably be perfect for you.
 Good luck.
 Ray

Any idea if the Harley Heated Grips' wiring will transfer internally as well without extending the wires?!
- 2012 Black/Slate CVO Street Glide:  Rinehart True Duals; HD Supertuner; LED Headlight/Passing Lamps/Turn Signals; Zumo 665 GPS + XM; 8.5" Klock Werks Shield; Corbin Hollywood Solo; Detachable King TourPak; Heated Grips; etc.

- 2006 Vivid Black Heritage Softail:  SE Exhaust; HD Supertuner; Heavy Breather; Passing Lamps; Corbin Solo; Detachable Ghost Shield/Boss Leather Trunk + Saddle Bags; Lindby Twinbar; etc.

baggy

• CVO1: 2010 SESG spiced rum
    • CVO2: 2007 softail custom
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »

Can you still use the stock mirrors with HD touring pullback bars?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 07:01:11 PM »

Can you still use the stock mirrors with HD touring pullback bars?
Terrie does, but she has her bars pulled way back.  They're probably more like 1" up and 3" back in the position she has them in. 

You can view any of my Ride Reports and look for her red 09 Street Glide (it has the SESG rear fender, streached bags, etc so it looks like a Red Hot Sunglo SE Street Glide) to see what they look like.

I have the same bars but I went to handlebar mounted mirrors.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 11:20:23 PM »

Any idea if the Harley Heated Grips' wiring will transfer internally as well without extending the wires?!

I have not done one with HD heated grips. On the reach bars I am almost positive it will work fine. If you use a bar that is 10 inch or above, I am not sure. I do not know how long the wiring is on the heated grips. Extending the wiring is not hard. There are some real nice wire extension kits out there.
 If you get in touch with Jim, aka, hd-dude, on here, he will hook you up with everything you need. Just tell him what bars and what bike you have and he will take care of the rest.
 Good luck.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

MooseAmos

• Full CVO Member
  • "Damn Few..."

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - "Louie"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTI - "Harry"
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 01:33:28 PM »

I have not done one with HD heated grips. On the reach bars I am almost positive it will work fine. If you use a bar that is 10 inch or above, I am not sure. I do not know how long the wiring is on the heated grips. Extending the wiring is not hard. There are some real nice wire extension kits out there.
 If you get in touch with Jim, aka, hd-dude, on here, he will hook you up with everything you need. Just tell him what bars and what bike you have and he will take care of the rest.
 Good luck.

Excellent--thanks much!
- 2012 Black/Slate CVO Street Glide:  Rinehart True Duals; HD Supertuner; LED Headlight/Passing Lamps/Turn Signals; Zumo 665 GPS + XM; 8.5" Klock Werks Shield; Corbin Hollywood Solo; Detachable King TourPak; Heated Grips; etc.

- 2006 Vivid Black Heritage Softail:  SE Exhaust; HD Supertuner; Heavy Breather; Passing Lamps; Corbin Solo; Detachable Ghost Shield/Boss Leather Trunk + Saddle Bags; Lindby Twinbar; etc.

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 02:00:23 PM »

changing the seat is easier and cheaper! :drink:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 03:45:59 PM »

changing the seat is easier and cheaper! :drink:

We did that on Terrie's bike....put the close reach seat.....but she was still getting the pain because she was still having to reach (and she's not that short, she's 5'7") so we changed the bars.  She still gets that pain a bit after four or five hours in the saddle but not like it was before.

By the way, that Corbin Close seat was a whole lot more than those bars!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:48:54 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 01:13:41 AM »

Excellent--thanks much!

Your welcome.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.