Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shocks  (Read 2099 times)

Moodman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Shocks
« on: July 24, 2006, 09:48:56 PM »

I'm new to this site, but have been reading it for awhile. I got my Autumn Haze last October. I've tried to read most of the posts but didn't find one about my question. Apologies if it's been discussed. Has anyone changed their stock air shocks to Progressives? If so, did you notice any change in the ride?

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
Re: Shocks
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 10:33:46 PM »

I put Heavy Duty 440's on my Ultra last year.  I love 'em.  I had nothing but problems with my stock air setup and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get a comfortable ride for my wife who has back problems.  She immediately noticed the difference as well.
CVO Limited

Moodman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:40:54 PM »

I put Heavy Duty 440's on my Ultra last year.  I love 'em.  I had nothing but problems with my stock air setup and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get a comfortable ride for my wife who has back problems.  She immediately noticed the difference as well.

Thanks, my wife has been complaining since I got it. Had a '95 Heritage Softail Classic that she liked better. Been procrastinating about the shocks. Think I'll go for the 440ties

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »

I'm new to this site, but have been reading it for awhile. I got my Autumn Haze last October. I've tried to read most of the posts but didn't find one about my question. Apologies if it's been discussed. Has anyone changed their stock air shocks to Progressives? If so, did you notice any change in the ride?

I wanted to change in my '06 as well.............I wnt to www.progressivesuspension.com and I couldn't find that for our model there is any shock available. So I called them up and confirmed me that they are making some tests but at this time they can not recommend any type for CUSE '06

Ride Safe,

Jorge

Moodman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 12:34:10 PM »

I wanted to change in my '06 as well.............I wnt to www.progressivesuspension.com and I couldn't find that for our model there is any shock available. So I called them up and confirmed me that they are making some tests but at this time they can not recommend any type for CUSE '06

Ride Safe,

Jorge

Why wouldn't it be the same as a standard 06 ultra classic???

Moodman

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 12:47:50 PM »

Why wouldn't it be the same as a standard 06 ultra classic???

Moodman
[smiley=nixweiss.gif] They couldn't tell me more info about this issue....if you can make them a call and let me know what they say.....Thanks,

Jorge

Moodman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 01:11:14 PM »

[smiley=nixweiss.gif] They couldn't tell me more info about this issue....if you can make them a call and let me know what they say.....Thanks,

Jorge

Called my dealer & spoke with the parts manager. He said that the shocks for the CUSE should be the same as the FLHTCUI. According to the parts manual. I told him to go ahead and order them (13" heavy duty 440's) They'll be in on Thursday. I'll let you know how I make out. What's another 500 bucks.

Moodman

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 01:28:24 PM »

Called my dealer & spoke with the parts manager. He said that the shocks for the CUSE should be the same as the FLHTCUI. According to the parts manual. I told him to go ahead and order them (13" heavy duty 440's) They'll be in on Thursday. I'll let you know how I make out. What's another 500 bucks.

Moodman

Moodman...here is the right place to spend $$$$$$$$$.... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

My case was different. I am 5'7" and I was not feeling safe with the height of the bike ...Previosuly I had SEEG '04 and was lower so I realized (from this site) that the SEEG '04 came with the profile shocks (front and rear) and the CUSE '06 standard shocks so I replaced them, front and rear, for profile shocks...and now and I am more closer to the ground [smiley=banana.gif]

Ride Safe my friend,

Jorge

BTW...did you check the prices on ebay?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 01:29:03 PM by jegomez »

Moodman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 02:35:29 PM »

Moodman...here is the right place to spend $$$$$$$$$.... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

My case was different. I am 5'7" and I was not feeling safe with the height of the bike ...Previosuly I had SEEG '04 and was lower so I realized (from this site) that the SEEG '04 came with the profile shocks (front and rear) and the CUSE '06 standard shocks so I replaced them, front and rear, for profile shocks...and now and I am more closer to the ground [smiley=banana.gif]

Ride Safe my friend,

Jorge

BTW...did you check the prices on ebay?

I don't have any problem with the height, I'm 6' 1". Couldn't wait for ebay, I'm leaving for Sturgis on Monday.(2000 miles one way). Want to make sure mamma is happy for the long haul.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 03:49:43 PM »

I don't have any problem with the height, I'm 6' 1". Couldn't wait for ebay, I'm leaving for Sturgis on Monday.(2000 miles one way). Want to make sure mamma is happy for the long haul.

Have a good trip and Ride Safe......take pics......We were there in -04....nice place to ride around!!!

Jorge

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.