Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Hi Beams On During The Day?..  (Read 4332 times)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Re: Hi Beams On During The Day?..
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »

I usually ride with my low beams, but have always had bright enough axillary lighting to help make the bike stand out.  The headlight modulator is effective and legal, but if riding in a group and not leading, it should be turned off.  There are enough bikes, it is certain other drivers are aware of a well formed pack of bikes.  

One exception:
When in very slow moving heavy traffic on the freeway, I turn on my high beams in order to alert others on the road that I'm coming trough.  Not at a high rate of speed, but gently passing as they sit or move slowly.  Most California drivers are accustomed to this practice, but west coast cities are so internationaly transient, I wouldn't count on their knowing California laws or how to drive on an American freeway.  But only while lane splitting.   :vrolijk_4:
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember, Rio Red
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 10:37:55 PM »

Hey Keats I have a set of the Moto's too.  They are sweet gear.  Haven't put them on my ultra yet and if I trade it for a SG I'll be happy with the triangle of light with tthem and the stock headlamp.

Moto's are expensive (my set cost 750) but you can't beat the quality.  The 70 watt bulbs are really bright.

Sledge
"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle,
and I don't want to die, just want to ride on my motorcy...cle."
Arlo Guthrie

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 08:16:40 AM »

Low beams with driving lamps here..  I haven't done the driving light/high beam active all the time modification yet so it is my thought the driving lamps will get more attention then a single high beam...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.