Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rockford Fosgate - Hybrid Audio  (Read 1304 times)

Hoosierscooter

• CVO1: 11' SESG2
Rockford Fosgate - Hybrid Audio
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:13:18 PM »

Just recently completed an audio upgrade on my '11 CVO Street Guide. Sorry, no pics as I had an audio shop (Dr. Dashboard in Evansville, In) install all my components. I'm electrically challenged and I didn't have alot of free time to mess with it.

First I'd like to thank Rich (TIF2) for all his help and guidance. He saved me some money and head aches for my installer by providing the professional grade harnesses. (I think he's gonna be alot busier building these harnesses)

Anyway...I installed the new Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 amp and Hybrid Audio Technoligies Speakers. I used the Unity component series in the fairing and the Imagine (Titan II) in the lowers. Got my speakers and speaker adapters from Bill at Biketronics. Best prices around and really great to work with. Got the amp online from a shop in NYC for $165. Install went off without a hitch. They were able to install the amp right on top of the IPOD module due to its small size and the speakers popped right in. Was able to install the tweeters in the stock location in the dash.

As far as sound, all I can say is WOW! The stock sound was decent around town at 30 MPH but was really lacking when you got on the hiway. Had to turn it up so loud it starting distorting. With this combo you can crank it up till your ears bleed with no distortion.

For abot $1000 total I got a really great system. I'm just really excited on how it sounds now. Again I want to thank Rich and all the other posters in this topic. I read and read before deciding to go with this equipment.

Scott

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Rockford Fosgate - Hybrid Audio
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »

Speaker combo is the same as I have....much better at highway speed.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 05:29:53 AM »

Thanks for the post and review.
Nice to see the 300/2 amp is delivering as advertised.

Rock on brother!!!
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »

Props on the project and thanks for the thread.

I'm using the same HAT Unity speakers (and thanks to Rich for installing the tweeters in the Hogtunes Hogpod) with the RF PBR 300x4 amp (actually two of them; the second for the HD saddlebag speaker lids and tour pak).

You'd be hard-pressed to find someone more willing to help (including supplying beautiful harnesses) on this or any other forum than Rich.

Carl

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 26 queries.