Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does the FLTRUSE have a different fairing than a non CVO RGU??  (Read 1979 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue

So I bought the chrome unibrow windshield trim for my SERGU HD 58519-07a only to find out it doesn't fit. Guy at the parts counter looked it up and I took his word for it. After looking it up online, I see the fine print he must have missed. EXCEPT FLTRUSE AND FLTRXSE  :-[

My question, is the CVO fairing different from a non CVO fairing? I also had a helluva time getting a Klockwerks windshield to fit on there and look like it belongs.

I talked to a guy the other night with a bike that is the twin to mine and he had one on his. I didn't bother to ask him about it and I doubt I'll see him again.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ThunderBueller

• Full CVO Member
Re: Does the FLTRUSE have a different fairing than a non CVO RGU??
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 10:20:57 PM »

The fairings are the same. It's the windshields that differ. The trim is tough to fit to windshields like yours. I have a CeeBaileys TRSSC and I had a helluva time getting it to fit but it did, eventually. I had to use the offset screws at the ends and the short screws between the ends and the center. It's a PITA. Then I took it off. Over on the roadglide.org board there's been reports of paint being rubbed through by the trim.
2010 FLTRX--Primo paint set
2005 FXSTB--Sold!
2003 XL1200C--Sold
2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt--Sold

Wanted--black Rumble collection saddlebag latches.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »

The fairings are the same. It's the windshields that differ. The trim is tough to fit to windshields like yours. I have a CeeBaileys TRSSC and I had a helluva time getting it to fit but it did, eventually. I had to use the offset screws at the ends and the short screws between the ends and the center. It's a PITA. Then I took it off. Over on the roadglide.org board there's been reports of paint being rubbed through by the trim.
I did a Google search and saw your remarks over there. I'm already active on 3 Avalanche boards, this board and another HD board. I didn't want to sign up for another one to post the same question. I liked the look of it on that other bike I saw the other night but not if it's going to rub the paint off. HD won't give up their paint codes so my painter can't touch up anything. I'm sure as hell not spending $150+ for a quart of paint either. Guess I take it back to the dealer and tell him he didn't read the fine print and refund my money.  :-\

Smitty2u

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »

I tried to put it on myself with no luck. Finally broke down and paid the dealer $30 to do it for me. Money well spent.
It does not appear to touch the paint on the bottom side, so not concerned at this point about rubbing paint off.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:54:39 PM by Smitty2u »
130TQ 124HP
TR Stage 2 Street Eliminator Pro-Touring Heads
TR-660-SM Cam
TTS Master Tuner
SE 10.5:1 forged pistons
4-5/8" stroke Se Pro Stroker Flywheel and rod Assembly, trued and welded by Revolution Performance
Cylinders 4.060 Bore
Timekin Bearing
SE 58mm TB
SE 5.3 grms/sec injectors
SE lifters,
SE rods
SE Clutch upgrade
V&H Power Dual headers with V&H Twin Slash Oval slipons.
Andrews 31T transmission sprocket
K&N air filter

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

Re: Re: Does the FLTRUSE have a different fairing than a non CVO RGU??
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »

Well, I called today and talked with the parts guy. Told him I'd be in after work in an hour or so. By the time I got there they had already been on the phone trying to find out what's going on with them. Tech support (figure of speech for not knowing the correct department name) is getting on it. They're aware of it and think it has to do with the extra foam in the fairing on the CVO. I told them once they get it fixed up to order me one and I'll pick it up. No hassles on refunding my money either. Cheers to the parts crew at Freedom for taking care of this.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »

I have the chrome one on my '11 SERGU.  I had the dealer install it before delivery.  The tech said it took him longer than usual to install it, but he did a great job and there doesn't appear to be any areas where it will rub the pain off.  It definitely fits the CVO RGs.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.