Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how do I fit a Coil spring solo seat for 2007 springer  (Read 1566 times)

cruizr351

how do I fit a Coil spring solo seat for 2007 springer
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »

how do I fit a Coil spring solo seat to my 2007 springer as seen on a crossbones?

cruizr351

Re: how do I fit a Coil spring solo seat for 2007 springer
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »

how do I fit a Coil spring solo seat for 2007 springer similar to a crossbones?

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »

It can be done , their has been one on the springer heading a few years back  all HD parts..

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 01:52:13 AM »

I know the H-D catalog says that the deluxe solo spring seat will not fit but I had one on mine for a while.  It took me about 45 minutes to do it but I'm a bit slow, and I had no problems. You will need to use some tie wraps (zip ties) to help reposition and secure some wiring harnesses. The little tang that the wire connector clips to on the mounting bracket worked on the right side but not for the left side so all I did was bundle the harness and laid it to the left side of the battery.  Everything worked fine except I didn't like the seat once I had it installed.  The seat was so wide that it looked like wings hanging out on each side of the bike and it raised the seat height up too much for my liking.  Also I felt like I was going to blow off the bike at 70 mph and found myself gripping the handle bars to compensate for it.  Took it off and went with a LePera bare bones with gel pad.  Love it and it looks great.  Spring seat is now collecting dust on a shelf in the garage. Guess I ought to sell it.
Jesus is Lord

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 25 queries.