Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Garman GPS  (Read 690 times)

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
Garman GPS
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:27:17 PM »

I know this is dumb but my wife and I dont do a lot of long trips and I cant see buying a gPS made for the bike. Will a reg Garmin work if mounted on the back seat with her? She always is telling me where to go anyway.L O L
              Older Guy

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
Re: Garman GPS
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »

Any GPS will work, just get a RAM mount setup and put it wherever...handlebars, saddlebag guard(for the wife to control, but iy will be nex to useless for you - the rider to follow/use). The main advantage of a bike specific is they are more rugged to put up with the vibes and they are WATERPROOF - cause you know it will rain on you :huepfenlol2:

I have a Garmin ZUMO that I bought a few years ago and the HD roadtech that came with the CUSE and we love them - the old Zumo goes on the other bikes and in the car. It has basically become a family use unit.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 07:27:17 AM »

Thanks for the info,i will give it a try just fot the heck of it.
          Older Guy

HDSLK

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »

I bought the Zumo 220 for a long road trip where I had specific places to be. Besides the fact that it handles the rain it also works well with gloves on. I don't use it very often but it has come in very handy on occasion.
“Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point.” C.S. Lewis

Kidd_Funkadelic

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »

Yup, any GPS works. Another benefit though of the ones intended for bikes is you can usually see them much better in direct sunlight due to the screen type they use.

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.