Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: help on choosing better handlebars.  (Read 1666 times)

jls1098

help on choosing better handlebars.
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »

OK Guys, you all have helped in all my mod purchases so far, now I need help on replacement bars. All I need ( or think I need )is about 2 or 3 inches in pull-back. Have looked at the H-D with 2 in. more pullback and the Wild 1's ( different  5--- models) I'm very undecided. I just want to sit-back in my sofa and ride. your opinions will give me guidance, I hope. Also, any tricks and tips on pulling the wiring through, as in all at once, a few at a time. Please help this RUSE RIDER. Thanks

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
Re: help on choosing better handlebars.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:52:29 AM »

It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

Mogulbumm

• Tiger Blood and Adonis DNA

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »

Based on recommendations in this forum, I love the Wild1 12.5" Apes (W0502).  They give that extra 2-3" of pullback and are still below your shoulder so the blood doesn't leave your hands.  I went with these specifically so I wouldn't have to extend the wiring.  Not sure how you are built, but this allows me to have my arms bent a bit and still use the driver's backrest and were absolutely perfect.

Now, as far as wiring I'm not going to be much help since I had somebody do it for me when I changed the cams and went with the Fullsac kit.  Based on his feedback of "several frickin' hours" I'm glad I paid him.  I think I would have had choice words doing it myself.  He said there was enough distance, but there are a TON of wires in there which made feeding them a challenge.  Also, be careful not to pinch the wires at the neck area where they feed into the bars.
2011 FLTRUSE CVO Rio Red
Fullsac Stage 1 and 2 on Order

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra 110 Screaming Eagle
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »

I completely agree with Mogulbumm...on all accounts...

My bike is about 14 months old...over 20,000 miles...all mine.

I go on long rides, and my 12.5" Wild ones are very comfortable....but were a fricken bish to wire.

My Old Scoots:
1996 Heritage Softail Classic - 2006 Road King Classic

My newest Scoot: 2011 Road Glide Ultra S.E 110 CVO

My other vehicle:
2005 F-250, CC,SB,PSD, MANUAL TRANNY, HIGHLY modified.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 12:37:32 AM »

I also have the 502's on my SERGC and they fixed my problem as well. I am 6.2 with only a 31 inseam and short arms. The stock bars just didn't work for me even after I put on  a Danny Grey Air Hawk with a drivers backrest. Just a couple of inches too low and far away... I was worried about screwing up the looks with a handlebar swap but no doubt, they definitely look better and feel amazing. All back and shoulder pain gone!! Did have to change out cables though
Alan

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.