Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Such A Nice Bike ?  (Read 2817 times)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: Such A Nice Bike ?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »

We were also on 40 for a short bit on Monday (riding home from Athens where we went for lunch) I kept the cruise at 5 over max. Lots of them out there the other day. (knocking wood) I haven't been caught in 4 years. Somehow I don't think my luck will hold out much longer with this bike.
It is so hard to keep it down...bad hand...bad hand.  All kidding aside our luck will eventually run out
but theres always something, well I aint saying it  :huepfenlol2:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 09:34:37 AM »

For me it's always nice to travel with "THE GOLD CARD" It has been a loooong time since I got a coupon!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »

For me it's always nice to travel with "THE GOLD CARD" It has been a loooong time since I got a coupon!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
Thanks Dawg, I love the Gold Card ......  ;D

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 09:41:56 PM »

OPAAA.....Very well handled manga. With that smile :) you look like the guy who just broke a half a create of plates at the bozokia and are ready to pay for them....lol.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »

Talked myself out of an 81-in-a-65 one a couple of Sundays ago, on a VTune data collection run... first one I've EVER talked myself out of. It was northbound on 365 in Baldwin, just before the 384 Helen cutoff. Cop was very cool, and I think he was impressed by the iPad on the left bar showing the cells of the VTune histogram, the laptop in the Tour Pak, etc. I told him I was tuning the bike and obviously wasn't paying close enough attention to the speedo. He actually seemed much more concerned with my safety than the fact that I was speeding.

He even told me he is required to calibrate his radar at the beginning and end of every shift, and I could come back to the cruiser check it if I wanted. I said, "No sir, I don't think there's anything wrong with your radar". He kind of chuckled at that and said, "There's not..."

He came back with my license and insurance card, and told me to be careful in those parts, and that he's seen LOTS of accidents in his 8 years up there... and the bike ALWAYS loses. He even said he's scared of motorcycles himself. Then he got back in his cruiser, made a U-turn, and went right back to the crossover spot where he nailed me.

Just glad he didn't nail me a few miles back, when I was REALLY pushing to fill in the high-RPM high-kPa cells! I would have been in jail up there right now... probably sharing a cell with Big Bubba...

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 01:07:50 PM »

Talked myself out of an 81-in-a-65 one a couple of Sundays ago, on a VTune data collection run... first one I've EVER talked myself out of. It was northbound on 365 in Baldwin, just before the 384 Helen cutoff. Cop was very cool, and I think he was impressed by the iPad on the left bar showing the cells of the VTune histogram, the laptop in the Tour Pak, etc. I told him I was tuning the bike and obviously wasn't paying close enough attention to the speedo. He actually seemed much more concerned with my safety than the fact that I was speeding.

He even told me he is required to calibrate his radar at the beginning and end of every shift, and I could come back to the cruiser check it if I wanted. I said, "No sir, I don't think there's anything wrong with your radar". He kind of chuckled at that and said, "There's not..."

He came back with my license and insurance card, and told me to be careful in those parts, and that he's seen LOTS of accidents in his 8 years up there... and the bike ALWAYS loses. He even said he's scared of motorcycles himself. Then he got back in his cruiser, made a U-turn, and went right back to the crossover spot where he nailed me.

Just glad he didn't nail me a few miles back, when I was REALLY pushing to fill in the high-RPM high-kPa cells! I would have been in jail up there right now... probably sharing a cell with Big Bubba...
OK, first I was jealous of your Bike...NOW  :soapbox: :drink: :soapbox:

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 08:26:49 PM »

In Texas you can take defensive driving and pay court costs (about the same price as the ticket), but it keeps the points off your license, not sure if other states do the same.

I just figure it's a matter of time before me and LEO are discussing my rate of speed vs. how nice the bike looks in the sun.  The bikes just love to run in 6th 80+ .......

Maybe I should start putting a few bucks a month in a slush fund, and have extra money for mods at the end of the year if I escape the fuzz.
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 10:45:57 PM »

Maybe I should start putting a few bucks a month in a slush fund, and have extra money for mods at the end of the year if I escape the fuzz.
Sounds like a plan that just might work possum...hope you aint just playin dead  :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.