Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tuner  (Read 2029 times)

beto47

• TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO CONVERTIBLE
Tuner
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »

Install Vance /Hines staggered long shot on 2011 convertible bike seems to run fine but some say I should install a tuner others say it will tune its self if only pipes were installed. If tuner is needed I would like a auto tune that is top of the line and easy to install. Would like some ideas.

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
Re: Tuner
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Pewter

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:46:20 AM »

I installed a Power Vision (from Power Commander) with auto tune on my 2012 Convertible. Very pleased with the results and it is easy to use. Also, you do not have to leave it on the bike if you don't want to .

Mach

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 10:32:39 AM »

http://www.thunder-max.com/Products/FuelInjection/ElectronicFuelInjectionModule.aspx

I was told they do not have a Thunder Max module for the CVO convertible. HOWEVER I see they are available for pre-order.  #309-363

beto47

• TX

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 02:18:23 PM »

Thanks for the replies. Ordered the power vision gets here Thursday. Thanks again.

Pewter

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »

Make sure that you have the latest software on it when you get at as the last update makes it much easier to use. You can update from the Power Commander website. Did you go for the auto tune as well?

prstaples1911

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »

I also installed new pipes, V&H Staggered Big Shots, and ordered the Power Vision from Fuel Moto.  I believe the map they are shipping it with was developed with the help of a fellow member.  I am running Xieds to richen the mixture for now, but have some pops and just a hint of throttle lag.

I will be honest and will tell you that I regret installing the new pipes.  They are much louder than I would like and I will replace them when I find a better solution that also has a map for the Power Vision.  I was primarily looking to get rid of the cat and allow the motor to breathe more efficiently.  I was not looking to make enemies with my neighbors when I leave for work at 7 am each morning.

Pewter

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 03:54:08 PM »

I had the big shots on a 2010 Convertible and found the noise too harsh. I ended up putting baffles in them which took the harshness away. Also, If you fit an autotune with the PowerVision it will map itself to whatever your set up is.

prstaples1911

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 04:15:14 PM »

I had the big shots on a 2010 Convertible and found the noise too harsh. I ended up putting baffles in them which took the harshness away. Also, If you fit an autotune with the PowerVision it will map itself to whatever your set up is.

It was my understanding that the pipes had baffles in them, just not quiet ones.  Are you suggesting that they do not and I should go purchase baffles?  If that is the case, then it could be the solution.

Pewter

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »

They come with a baffle inside but you can add an additional one right at the end of each pipe. Interestingly my fuel consumption improved a little and I think performance went up. I used the baffles from Hard Kore but I think Vance and Hines also do them. http://www.smartpartz.com/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:55:58 PM by Pewter »

beto47

• TX

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »

Installed power vision tuner this afternoon it was the easiest thing i've done to the bike took longer to down load soft ware. Thanks again for all the input.

prstaples1911

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »

Installed power vision tuner this afternoon it was the easiest thing i've done to the bike took longer to down load soft ware. Thanks again for all the input.

I also installed the PC Vision.  It was so easy I actually had remorse over spending $400 plus on the thing.  I am not sure what I was expecting, but it would of been nice if the bike let out a sexy "ooohhhhh, that's right" when I started it up.  It runs very smooth with only the hint of a pop at very low RPMs.  I also ordered the quiet baffles as I am done with the loudness of the stock V&H staggered big shot baffles.  Any reduction is worth the $50 they cost.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.