Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Moving
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »

Hey Terry! :drink:

The thought of moving has entered my mind over the years and I always dreaded the thought of having to move all the stuff we acquired over all the years. Now I say I will wait till I retire (If I live that long :D) and down size and build new so I won't have any up keep for a while. Who knows what I'll do when that time comes. :nixweiss: I prayed for you and Judi as you make that transition that it go well! God Bless ya buddy! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

Thanks, JR...our plans are to downsize more in the next 3-4 years.  I'd like to find a little place up in East TN with just enough yard to say I've got one and the rest be woods.  Low maintenance.  I don't need a big ol house, just a big ol garage!  :huepfenlol2:  I'm actually looking forward to the change...I've been in this place way too long and am burned out on it.  The new surroundings will spark a bit of desire to do a few things around Judi's house to make it better and more private.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »

Good luck with the move. I don't envy you facing what to keep and what to let go. New haunts are good for the soul, or so I'm told. All the best to you and Judi. Hope you make it to MV.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 02:53:52 PM »

Thanks, JR...our plans are to downsize more in the next 3-4 years.  I'd like to find a little place up in East TN with just enough yard to say I've got one and the rest be woods.  Low maintenance.  I don't need a big ol house, just a big ol garage!  :huepfenlol2:  I'm actually looking forward to the change...I've been in this place way too long and am burned out on it.  The new surroundings will spark a bit of desire to do a few things around Judi's house to make it better and more private.

That's what I'm talking about!!! :D

:bananarock:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »

Toby will not be happy...I don't know how he will react to the change as he has been in that same room since I got him in 1989 at 14 weeks old.  He likes being able to look out the window and be "watch bird"...he will raise hell if he sees somebody in the driveway or front walk.  We have a nice room in Selma to put him in so he can see outside, but there will be a period of adjustment, I'm sure.  I bought a box at the pet store the other day to move him in...He will NOT be happy about that!

I'll tell him that Don made me do it so he won't be pissed at me, but will take your other finger the next time you visit... :huepfenlol2:

Oh lord I don't want it to be my fault!  He already didn't like me!!

All kidding aside good luck with the move.  Especially with Toby.  Have no idea how birds might be stressed by all that moving and a new environment.  Hope he takes it all ok (and doesn't kill anyone out of spite).

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 02:59:37 PM »

Well...tomorrow is the big day.  The movers are coming at 8 AM to load up the truck with what's left in the house.  We have taken 2 loads down ourselves, plus whatever we could cram in the car...rented a 16' moving truck twice.  First time, we filled it with mostly boxes of "stuff", clothing, etc.  It was full.  About one week ago, we rented another 16' truck and took down all the yard equipment/tools, plants, etc.  Basically, everything you can't really pack away, but need floor space to load it into.  That truck was full too.  Even after selling, giving away, and throwing away a bunch of stuff, there's still a lot to move, but we got the worst part over with.  The movers will be handling the armoirs, fridge, bookshelves, and other large/heavy items that I have neither the back for, or the inclination, to attempt on my own.  I'm not 35 any more.  It shouldn't take them more than 2-3 hours to load the truck, so we'll be at the other house by 1 PM or so to unload everything.  Then the other side of the fun begins...unpacking and arranging things in the house.

Judi's 3 dogs will go down tomorrow, be boarded at the Vet in Selma, while my 3, and Toby, the bird, will stay here until Wednesday AM when I'll come up and get them.  That way, Toby will have less stress from all the activity of the movers and just go straight into his new bedroom in Selma.  Then my two Terriers can begin terrorizing the chipmunks, squirrels, and any cats that might have become accustomed to taking short cuts through Judi's back yard...that will end quickly.

Computer/TV/Wireless will be going down this evening, so I'll be absent for 2 or 3 days, then sporadically on for a couple of weeks after, getting everything organized in the garage, shed, and "office".  I figure in 4-6 weeks, we'll have 90% of the house done, and we'll both be ready for a break, which will be Maggie Valley.   :apple:

TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »

Take it easy Terry....don't hurt yourself.  Let those youngsters do the work.....you just supervise. :2vrolijk_21:

I'm next.  Terrie and I are going to downsize in preperation for our retirement in a few years.....I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »

Terry,  Moving is not fun.  Good luck and don't hurt your back! 

JC,  Let's hope that light at the end of the tunnel is not a train!     :oops:   :huepfenlol2: 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 04:37:36 PM »

Take it easy Terry....don't hurt yourself.  Let those youngsters do the work.....you just supervise. :2vrolijk_21:

I'm next.  Terrie and I are going to downsize in preperation for our retirement in a few years.....I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

You bet, JC.  It'll be nice to watch somebody else work for a few hours!

I hear you about the downsizing...while we are not really downsizing in terms of a smaller living space, other than I am giving up a 1600 sq ft basement, it was good to go through all my belongings and weed out those things I know I'll never use again.  The nice thing about this house is that it's all on one level, other than a sunken living room and two steps from the garage into the kitchen, so if we're there long enough, we can just build small ramps for our scooter chairs with attached drool buckets.... :huepfenlol2: :nervous:

I can assure you that I am having NO difficulty in adjusting to retirement, even if my expendable income is significantly less than in past years.  Get there as fast as you can.  Social Security is just one year away, and that will all be "mad money".  :2vrolijk_21:

I still held on to some old albums though...just couldn't bring myself to get rid of them.  Flashbacks, ya' know?  The double albums were useful back in the day... ::) 8)

TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 05:40:34 PM »

I still held on to some old albums though...just couldn't bring myself to get rid of them.  Flashbacks, ya' know?  The double albums were useful back in the day... ::) 8)
:2vrolijk_21: :beatnik: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 26 queries.