Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My next purchase(add on to 05 SE Fatboy  (Read 3191 times)

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy Platnum/Silver
My next purchase(add on to 05 SE Fatboy
« on: August 28, 2006, 06:04:10 PM »

http://www.mcpartsoutlet.com/ViewProduct.asp?ModelNumber=9323

KuryAkyn Pro-R Hypercharger
 Not only is it sharp, it claims to add 4 ponies to a stock bike. I know I already have a crappy stage 1 HD air filter but the KuryAkyn comes with the K and N filter plus the good looks

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 06:05:21 PM by MikeDCMF »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Re: My next purchase(add on to 05 SE Fatboy
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 08:34:27 PM »

http://www.mcpartsoutlet.com/ViewProduct.asp?ModelNumber=9323
KuryAkyn Pro-R Hypercharger
Not only is it sharp, it claims to add 4 ponies to a stock bike. I know I already have a crappy stage 1 HD air filter but the KuryAkyn comes with the K and N filter plus the good looks
Mike, you trying to convince yourself, or get approval of its merit. I can tell you the 4 ponies increase they claim is due strictly to the addition of the K&N element. The rest is all gum flappin. I had one about ten years ago and got rid of it because my bike ran like crap and no one could tune it properly. I haven't seen too many of these anymore, they went out of style with "Hair Metal", and you will never see one in a real race application, but the butterflies are kinda cute aren't they. There was a thread about these things and I believe the consensus was
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 02:13:30 AM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy Platnum/Silver
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 05:37:41 PM »

Thanks Eagle1,

yea the whole idea was more hp. I knew it had to be retuned and I think they look sharp. Better do some more research.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 09:59:08 AM »

Thanks Eagle1,

yea the whole idea was more hp. I knew it had to be retuned and I think they look sharp. Better do some more research.

Mike here is some research done for you. Believe me this is the best solution (price and cfm) for use with the stock cover.

http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=588&prod=2155
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1133456563

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 03:04:18 AM »

Mike here is some research done for you. Believe me this is the best solution (price and cfm) for use with the stock cover.

http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=588&prod=2155
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1133456563

Reo,

We discussed these air cleaners a couple of months ago & stock cover does not fit so well see this old thread in the link below

Click here to see this topic discussed back in April!

PS: I did make my teardrop cover 5/8inch wider but could not get a good enough metal finish to re-chrome it, (had to use a bit of body filler to make it nice) so I am going to have it painted when I get my wide rear fender painted to mach my stock colours.

Cheers
Aussie

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 04:52:17 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 06:57:56 AM »

Reo,

We discussed these air cleaners a couple of months ago & stock cover does not fit so well see this old thread in the link below

Click here to see this topic discussed back in April!

PS: I did make my teardrop cover 5/8inch wider but could not get a good enough metal finish to re-chrome it, (had to use a bit of body filler to make it nice) so I am going to have it painted when I get my wide rear fender painted to mach my stock colours.

Cheers
Aussie

Thanks for the info Aussie, I totally missed that thread.

Did you ever dyno both filters as you said in the thread or did you totaly rule out the filter due to discomfort? I really dont have a problem with mine, the look doesn't bother me and I don't have a problem with my leg. I have the mustache bar and the standard boards, with my 6'0" frame I really don't alter my leg because of the filter sticking out farther. I could see by having the forward pegs like you with that angle totally streching out where it would alter your leg, but I dont have that problem with my setup. I am planning to modify the cruise arm mark III pegs to fit my boards, and this will give me a lower foot rest in the forward position but they are adjustable. I will have to mock up the position with this air filter knowing what you pointed out now. Thanks.......

btw zippers also has a k&n style filter with the same stock dimension at a better price. I put the stage 1 kit including all the hardware on my wifes deluxe for under 100 bucks and thats including the filter.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 07:19:51 AM »

Another thing,

I had to go out to the garage and look at my bike, what I forgot was the forward foot rest pegs on my mustache bar are out farther much like the pegs guys put on the bagger crash bars, when I say out I mean sideways not out forward. This gives me a different leg position than what you would have with the extended reach forward controls.

I guess I

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »

Thanks for the info Aussie, I totally missed that thread.

[highlight]Did you ever dyno both filters as you said in the thread or did you totaly rule out the filter due to discomfort?[/highlight] I really dont have a problem with mine, the look doesn't bother me and I don't have a problem with my leg. I have the mustache bar and the standard boards, with my 6'0" frame I really don't alter my leg because of the filter sticking out farther. I could see by having the forward pegs like you with that angle totally streching out where it would alter your leg, but I dont have that problem with my setup. I am planning to modify the cruise arm mark III pegs to fit my boards, and this will give me a lower foot rest in the forward position but they are adjustable. I will have to mock up the position with this air filter knowing what you pointed out now. Thanks.......

btw zippers also has a k&n style filter with the same stock dimension at a better price. I put the stage 1 kit including all the hardware on my wifes deluxe for under 100 bucks and thats including the filter.

Reo,

No I never did do the dyno comparison but while riding I did not really notice any difference, even though I only had the wide filter on for a short time. But I will run it again when I get my wide tear drop cover painted. Also mine being an international model in stock form it comes with the factory football cover & very narrow stock TC88 filter setup. The SE stage 1 kit I bought came with a genuine K & N filter & I had to buy the teardrop cover seperate as well.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 05:00:33 PM »

Put a Wimmer on it .............

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.