Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Value on my 2010 FLSTSE  (Read 3113 times)

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
Value on my 2010 FLSTSE
« on: March 17, 2013, 04:04:48 PM »

Thinking about selling my Conv. as I think I can get more than trading it for the 13 CVO Road Glide Custom
What do ya think I can get out of it? 8500 miles.....dyno'd,V&H pipes, Breather
FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
Re: Value on my 2010 FLSTSE
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »

don't forget when you figured trade in ...is the savings on the sales tax
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 07:44:02 PM »

don't forget when you figured trade in ...is the savings on the sales tax

I thought I cold deduct the value as long as the person that bought registered it here in Florida.....not the case...like you stated......only via a dealer in a single transaction

But I don't thinkwhat a dealet will give on trade versus selling out right is a big enough spread to be made up with taxes of 7%
FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »

Look it up on KBB and NADA using your local zipcode if you want a ballpark estimate.

KBB:   http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/harley-davidson/

NADA:   http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sjr

• Full CVO Member
  • The hotter the Fire.....The Stronger the Steel
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 12:17:31 PM »

Here is another idea.....
some dealers have a program where you can sell your bike "privately" for much more than the dealer would give you on a trade, and the dealer, for a fee, would handle the transfer, the paperwork, and can even arrange financing for the buyer. That way, you don't even need a cash buyer.

Just something to consider. Check with your dealer to see if that service is available through them.

Pretty sure you can deduct the price from your new purchase to save on sales tax too.

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 05:10:21 PM »

Here is another idea.....
some dealers have a program where you can sell your bike "privately" for much more than the dealer would give you on a trade, and the dealer, for a fee, would handle the transfer, the paperwork, and can even arrange financing for the buyer. That way, you don't even need a cash buyer.

I know my dealer in Dallas offers this service.  I was going to use it to sell my bike one time before the buyer ultimately backed out. It is a sweet program if you can make it work in your situation.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 05:26:44 PM »

It's called selling on consignment, and while it does have many advantages (walk-in traffic means more potential buyers see your bike, dealership sales people handle the questions and looky-lou's so you don't have to, the dealership can handle paperwork and financing requests, etc.), you will not be guaranteed a better outcome.  Some dealers will do this for reasonable flat rate fees, others want a percentage of the sale price plus inspection fees and other fees that you will pay whether they sell the bike or not.  Make sure you fully understand your potential costs if you go the consignment route, and also look into any restrictive clauses in the agreement.  For instance, all price negotiations must be expressly approved by you, and you want the ability to cancel the contract whenever you want.  If it becomes obvious the dealership isn't really trying to actively sell the bike, you don't want to be stuck leaving it with them for the remainder of the prime selling season.

In other words, with the right dealership consignment can be a great way to sell your bike.  But don't assume all dealers are above board and won't try to rape you.  

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

glodigger

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 11:17:36 PM »

for what it"s worth on west coast San jose HD has 2010 appox 6000 miles w/pipes like yours $ 24,000 out the door and I just got one 2011 w/ 3400 miles 23400 plus tax lic from monterey HD
sat breifly on the 2013 cvo road glide on Saturday if my feet could of only touched the ground.

sjr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 08:52:53 AM »

GRC.....selling on consignment is a different program than the one I described, but it is another option.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 09:29:12 AM »

GRC.....selling on consignment is a different program than the one I described, but it is another option.

sjr - do you have any details on the program you're talking about?  I've seen a couple dealerships that had a different name for their program, but under the hood it still boiled down to a type of consignment sale.  Perhaps they've come up with a new idea where you are.

Jerry

sjr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:33 PM »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »

Sure...Here is the Link.....

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/HDFS/private-party-financing.html

OK, now I understand.  That's a program Harley has had for awhile that helps you as a private seller arrange financing for a buyer.  You still have to do all the work of actually selling the bike yourself, and this program through participating dealerships arranges financing for qualified buyers through Harley Financial Services.  So in other words you come to an agreement with a buyer, then you take the bike and the buyer to the participating dealership and they run the guys credit and come up with financing if he qualifies.  If he agrees to the financing deal, then the dealership prepares all the paperwork and handles the financial transaction.  The dealership makes money on the financing, but I don't know if there are any other fees involved.  If they are good salemen they can sell the buyer some accessories and include that in the financing deal as well, just like they do on new bike sales. 

I assume that most folks who qualify for a Harley loan these days would also qualify at their savings & loan or bank, so I don't know how much this program would really help.  Back before the crash Harley was writing loans for anyone who was still breathing (kind of like the mortgage industry), but those days are long gone.

Jerry 

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »

Jerry

You got it now and the big advantage goes to the seller who is using that higher trade value as a deposit on the new bike the dealer is selling him and gaining the tax benefits as well.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.