Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remove rear brake Caliper on SEEG 2010  (Read 1358 times)

Swinger

• Nil carborundum illegitimi

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember & Rio Red Flame SERT, V&H, Power Duals & Monster Ovals
Remove rear brake Caliper on SEEG 2010
« on: October 31, 2012, 04:22:06 AM »

Hi Guys,

I want to change my rear brake pads on my Electra CVO 2011 equipped with Brembo calipers.

Can anyone tell me an easy way to remove the caliper which touches the rim before it clears the disk/rotor, or do I have to remove the rear wheel?

FYI, I've just gotten EBC Double H sintered replacement pads. Better feel tha OEM, and 25% cheaper than the MoCo ones!

Thx,

Swinger

Live your life like it's the last day, but learn as if you live for eternity..

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
Re: Remove rear brake Caliper on SEEG 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 08:08:44 AM »

they sell service manuals for those who attempt their own work and dont know what they are doing  or their are numerous online sites to get just the info you need...this is very helpful when it comes to services and torquing down the fasteners.   :oops:   :soapbox:  i :soapbox:t   is a bit dissappointing when I see numerous people bash their "STEALERS" when in fact they might just be at the wrong dealership. and they are typically the first ones to ask for help fixing something they broke doing their own mods or asking for warranty assistance with NO service records. :soapbox:  Ill step back down now   :2vrolijk_21:   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »

My local dealer, Hampton Roads VA does a good job and I have never had a problem with them. They do all my warranty work. They are good about calling HD customer service to make sure HD pays for repairs. Never question when I do my own service work.
Bill

olli

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:32:58 AM »

If remembering right you don´t have to remove the caliper. Use a tool (screwdriver etc) to move pads fully apart (see that both the inner and the outer pads are fully apart ) from the brake disc and remove the pin and the bolt securing the pads. Then you are able to remove the old pads and install the new. 8)

RetSUBLDO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '13 FLHRSE - sold
    • CVO3: '10 FLHTCUSE - sold
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »

Swinger,
Try this link http://www.lyndallbrakes.com/service-tech/.  It gives a how-to with pictures.
Eric

olli

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »

If remembering right you don´t have to remove the caliper. Use a tool (screwdriver etc) to move pads fully apart (see that both the inner and the outer pads are fully apart ) from the brake disc and remove the pin and the bolt securing the pads. Then you are able to remove the old pads and install the new. 8)
But if you want to remove the caliper you are able to do so after removing the pads and removing the caliper bolts. Removing firs the pads make clearance to remove the caliper too.

Swinger

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember & Rio Red Flame SERT, V&H, Power Duals & Monster Ovals
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 10:06:40 AM »

Ok will try this weekend.

Thx

Rocketman69

• Mr. Roboto
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXCUSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 10:27:41 AM »

I've always been able to remove mine by first removing the caliper to caliper mount bolts, then sort of rocking the caliper against the rotor to get the pads squeezed outboard.   Once the pads have been pushed out, the caliper should come off without any force against the wheel.

Swinger

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »

Thx will let you know in a few days!

Swinger

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:50 AM »

To Oil & Rocketman 69, thx for the advice. I pushed the pads and pistons back in, then the caliper had more to miss the wheel, and the new pads where relaced in 5 mins.

All the ebst and safe riding to you!

Stu

Rocketman69

• Mr. Roboto
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXCUSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 07:58:36 AM »

Glad to be of help.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 25 queries.