Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Screaming Eagles to resume shipping!!!!  (Read 2694 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Screaming Eagles to resume shipping!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 03:18:22 PM »

So after the relatively short delay the new bikes are shipping again.  Did anyone ever get an answer that made sense for the delay's cause to begin with though?  If it was a supply issue then there's no concern.   If it was a manufacturing or QC problem though I'd bet new owners would like to have an idea what to look for.

Pap

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 05:24:58 PM »

Hi Everyone.
Just wanted to make my first post a good one. After numerous phone calls and e-mails to many different dealers the past few weeks looking for a black/orange screamer and having no luck due to the delay in shipping, I stopped at a dealer yesterday to inquire when they were expecting any deliveries. The sales person said that they were supposed to receive a b/o on July 22, but due to the delay, they never received it. Anyhow, she took me into her office and she called Harley to see about it. She got a huge smile on her face, and when she hung up the phone, she said "GREAT NEWS". Harley will resume shipping of all Screaming Eagles on Monday, August 21. So I did what comes natural, I grabbed my credit card and put a deposit down on the b/o. Should have it by Labor day. The next 2 weeks of waiting will be looooong!

Later
J.B

It's all about timing.  Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the site.  Glad to hear you have a credit card cause you'll need it to keep current with all the dreams that will fill your mind from visiting this site.  Good luck to ya!
 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Ride Safe,
Pap
There are risks and costs to a program of action.  But they are far less than the long range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 12:49:02 AM »

So after the relatively short delay the new bikes are shipping again.
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 03:18:02 AM »

Coming from a lucky owner of this excellent bike I can say it is a solid piece of machinery and I have very little complaints. Especially considering my OCD and impatient attitude. I finally got the exhaust changed and could not be happier. I used SE slip on's from 06 (nice and loud) with a ness big sucker and SERT for the ecm mod. Cost me about $600.00 total which is a bargin for a decent setup. I have not found any major quality control issues with the bike other than the small items that were found when the bike was pre delivery inspected. I got the wrong owners manual which has since been corrected, one of the brake lines had a torn nylon cover on it, several small pieces of chrome had small imperfections, and the front fairing was found to have a small bubble in the paint where the windshield screw is (all being replaced by the dealer). Overall, the engine is strong and quiet, the transmission is unbelievable and smooth, the paint is georgeous in person, and I love all the extras. The only drawback is the attention this bike attracts, you just need to watch people who love to touch and get too close when it is parked.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 03:19:57 AM by copout221 »

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 06:54:22 PM »

Well first welcome. Second were you born at night? I have yet to hear of anybody but Wheels getting a new bike UU. It was the red one and he did post pictures. Made me a believer. Since then has anybody said squat about getting a new Ultra until now? I have not heard a word till there was you.(OK I am a Beatles fan too) Don't mean to bust your bubble but put that deposit down at as many dealers as you can. Can you just see that person who was probably listening to the music on hold come out and tell you that they were being shipped today just to grab a deposit. Do I sound jaded? There looks to be no reason why one dealer gets one and another receives zip. You will need www.cvohelpmeispentmylifesavings.com for help. But don't stop once you get her and don't look back. Enjoy and post up if you have a new one on the way. [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

turninggrayinpa

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 07:33:50 PM »

Well first welcome. Second were you born at night? I have yet to hear of anybody but Wheels getting a new bike UU. It was the red one and he did post pictures. Made me a believer. Since then has anybody said squat about getting a new Ultra until now? I have not heard a word till there was you.(OK I am a Beatles fan too) Don't mean to bust your bubble but put that deposit down at as many dealers as you can. Can you just see that person who was probably listening to the music on hold come out and tell you that they were being shipped today just to grab a deposit. Do I sound jaded? There looks to be no reason why one dealer gets one and another receives zip. You will need www.cvohelpmeispentmylifesavings.com for help. But don't stop once you get her and don't look back. Enjoy and post up if you have a new one on the way. [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
KAZ
I must have been born at night because I don't know what "getting a new bike UU" means. I know what you mean about having deposits at more than one dealer, but when I was calling around there was actually one dealer that wanted $500 to be on "the list", and it was Non-refundable.  Not the kind of place that I want to do business with.

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 08:09:05 PM »

KAZ
I must have been born at night because I don't know what "getting a new bike [highlight]UU"[/highlight] means. I know what you mean about having deposits at more than one dealer, but when I was calling around there was actually one dealer that wanted $500 to be on "the list", and it was Non-refundable.

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 06:46:53 AM »

I am sorry if I upset you I did not mean to. I just have a low trust factor with the truth coming from some dealers. When the group is not seeing any bikes delivered in a while and this person comes out smiling with the guess what news I felt like they were giving you a load to get a deposit. I agree about the "Just to be on the list" Thing. And right on the UU being the Ultra Ultra.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]Doesn't matter if it's an 06 or 07 they are UU to me.
Later

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »

Seeing is believing!! I am #1 at dealer A with a deposit. I have been on this list since June. This deal is at MSRP-no setup or shipping costs. They are scheduled to receive a r/b on 18 Aug-didn't happen, a b/b early Sept and an o/b between Oct and Dec. He will refund my deposit if I get a bike elsewhere. At dealer B I am second on the list without a deposit. They are scheduled to receive their first bike on July 13, 2006. It still hasn't showed up and the computer still shows the July 13 ship date. I think that the MoCo hurts themselves by not announcing the delay and the cause of it. There is so much speculation as to the cause-is it paint?the 110? who knows the real cause. We all know it is not demand. I am more than a little frustrated.  

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »

I am sorry if I upset you I did not mean to. I just have a low trust factor with the truth coming from some dealers. When the group is not seeing any bikes delivered in a while and this person comes out smiling with the guess what news I felt like they were giving you a load to get a deposit. I agree about the "Just to be on the list" Thing. And right on the UU being the Ultra Ultra.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 11:20:13 AM by SE_ULTRA »
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 02:59:48 PM »

10-4 good buddy. Again sorry if I offended anyone. Good luck to all who want these. It will be just my luck ina few months there will be an boatload of Ultras that they want to unload for less than msrp. Go figure.
Back in the fun side

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 08:34:34 PM »

Hi Everyone.
Just wanted to make my first post a good one. After numerous phone calls and e-mails to many different dealers the past few weeks looking for a black/orange screamer and having no luck due to the delay in shipping, I stopped at a dealer yesterday to inquire when they were expecting any deliveries. The sales person said that they were supposed to receive a b/o on July 22, but due to the delay, they never received it. Anyhow, she took me into her office and she called Harley to see about it. She got a huge smile on her face, and when she hung up the phone, she said "GREAT NEWS". [highlight]Harley will resume shipping of all Screaming Eagles on Monday, August 21[/highlight]. So I did what comes natural, I grabbed my credit card and put a deposit down on the b/o. Should have it by Labor day. The next 2 weeks of waiting will be looooong!

Later
J.B

I can't speak for all the SE Ultras, but checked w/ my dealer today and my red/black that was originally set to ship on 08-01-06 did ship yesterday(08-21-06) and should be in the next 3-4 days.  They gave me my VIN.!!! So my Ultra was delayed 3 weeks. Thats a lot better than the late Sept. early Oct. date they gave me when they first got the fax saying all Phase I SE Ultras would be delayed until Phase II.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 08:51:20 PM »

I can't speak for all the SE Ultras, but checked w/ my dealer today and my red/black that was originally set to ship on 08-01-06 did ship yesterday(08-21-06) and should be in the next 3-4 days.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 21 queries.