Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Head Gasket  (Read 1144 times)

RayMac

Head Gasket
« on: November 08, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

OK, so the cold weather is approaching and its time to replace replace the HG on my 2007 CVO 110.(rear gasket leaking oil). After reading numerous posts and contacting HD its obvious that this was a major problem with the 2007-08 110's.My question is What was the final and best solution as far as which gasket to use.The most recent HD gasket was part#16801-07B. I also read many people used the Cometic gasket (which thickness?)Any info on this would be truly appreciated. Thanks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Head Gasket
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:23:56 PM »

I (apparently mistakenly) thought the latest gasket revision was D not B.  Whatever is the highest revision letter will be your target though.  However.....

For many gaskets alone didn't solve the problem and wasn't the only cause.  There were also many cylinders replaced due to liner slippage.  Harley's "enhancement" (read: recall without accepting fault) program ended up including cylinders and heads for many bikes.  Unfortunately you're not going to know all that you need until it's apart and all the pieces can be inspected carefully.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.