Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Bike is at Asheville HD. Should they fix it???  (Read 6166 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Bike is at Asheville HD. Should they fix it???
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »

Update: The insurer has not made a decision yet on whether to repair or total. They have authorized further disassembly of the bike to assess extent of the damage. If the decision is to repair, we will one way or another get the bike back to Joe's dealer in New York, for repairs. Of course he is hoping that they total the bike.
As far as his '10 Road King, catastrophic lifter failure , caused a lot of internal damage. This is a 103 cu in motor, with 5000 miles, built by his dealer when the bike was purchased new.. They will repair under the extended warranty. So it looks like Joe just might have both his bike at his dealer's intensive care unit. Only good news is that winter's coming.
Thanks again everyone for all the good advice.
Best wishes
Tom P.   

Tom, I am praying that they total Joe's Harley but if they don't, than let me suggest that he trade it in immediately.  I don't care how many parts they replace to put it back to normal, it will probably never track right again.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »

Any updates?
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 09:55:42 AM »

Latest on Joe's "Situation":

Asheville Harley still in the process of determining the final repair cost number on the SEUG. Insurer is leaning towards repair of the bike at present. Stay tuned.

The '10 Road King, 103 cu in, will be repaired under the extended warranty Joe purchased with the bike. They are covering the repair only because the 103 kit was installed by the dealer at time of purchase. Otherwise he would have been sh-t out of luck. Failed lifter did a whole lot of damage including cases. 5000 miles on engine.

Last week Joe's parked Chevy Avalanche  had it rear fender ripped off by an 18 wheeler trying to make a right hand turn. Truck is at the body shop.

Just before Joe traveled to the Maggie Valley GTG, he was driving his wife's SUV when he was nailed by someone who blew a red light. Vehicle is still in the body shop.

Life is an adventure!!!

Best to All,
Tom P. 

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »

Latest on Joe's "Situation":

Asheville Harley still in the process of determining the final repair cost number on the SEUG. Insurer is leaning towards repair of the bike at present. Stay tuned.

The '10 Road King, 103 cu in, will be repaired under the extended warranty Joe purchased with the bike. They are covering the repair only because the 103 kit was installed by the dealer at time of purchase. Otherwise he would have been sh-t out of luck. Failed lifter did a whole lot of damage including cases. 5000 miles on engine.

Last week Joe's parked Chevy Avalanche  had it rear fender ripped off by an 18 wheeler trying to make a right hand turn. Truck is at the body shop.

Just before Joe traveled to the Maggie Valley GTG, he was driving his wife's SUV when he was nailed by someone who blew a red light. Vehicle is still in the body shop.

Life is an adventure!!!

Best to All,
Tom P. 
This one really puts it over the edge for me. Hope his luck turns around for the better soon.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »

Yea, real nice truck those Avalanches. Joe has a great body shop owner that he has known for years. Jan will make it all better.
Joe has a real good attitude about stuff like this. Sh-t happens, let's get it fixed. Let's go have some Johnnie Walker Black.

When it come to bad luck, have I mentioned that his house burnt down completely two years ago as we were about to leave on a ride to the 4 corner states? Looking at the good side of that, no one hurt, house was rebuilt better than ever. Life happens!

I do hope that Joe and his wife have a little less drama in their future. Enough already.

Tom P.

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »

UPDATE

The little green lizard can't seem to be able to make a decision yet on repairing or replacing the SEUC. 5 weeks and still no decision. I don't think this saga is going to have a "happy ending".

An interesting development with the 2010 Road King. The extended warranty provider had previously authorized repairs to the blown up engine(failed rear intake lifter). NYC HD completed the repairs and the bike was ready for pickup. Today HD called the dealer and told them that they wanted the engine returned to them and would provide a complete brand new 103 and pay for the installation!! Go figure.

Tom P.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 09:18:48 PM »

UPDATE

The little green lizard can't seem to be able to make a decision yet on repairing or replacing the SEUC. 5 weeks and still no decision. I don't think this saga is going to have a "happy ending".

An interesting development with the 2010 Road King. The extended warranty provider had previously authorized repairs to the blown up engine(failed rear intake lifter). NYC HD completed the repairs and the bike was ready for pickup. Today HD called the dealer and told them that they wanted the engine returned to them and would provide a complete brand new 103 and pay for the installation!! Go figure.

Tom P.
that's great, Tom
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 10:19:58 PM »

UPDATE

Tom P.

Now what happens?  Does the guy smile and take his bike home or does the MoCo's request somehow trump the already completed repair and owner is stuck waiting (again) to get his bike done?  

As a point of curiosity also have to wonder if the ESP provider will somehow try to beg out of paying for the repair since the MoCo is accepting the job?  That's not between the rider and the ESP but between the ESP and the dealer.  Might be fun being a fly on the wall as that discussion is hashed out though.

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »

joe should buy a lotto ticket his luck is improvin
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »

Joe is happy, what the hell, a hurricane is coming, winters around the corner, he'll have a brand new 103 engine w/warranty, for next year.

The mechanic is PISSED OFF. He did the original 96 to 103 upgrade, and was not happy about the lifter snafu. He was very pleased with the repair/rebuild he had just finished. "Would have been nice to know what the MOCO's plans were before I did the work dammit"

The dealer is happy. Nice to be paid twice for a repair job.

No wonder HD prices are so high for everything, having to pay for all the screwups!

Tom P.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:57:37 AM by SIX38 »

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »

Now what happens?  Does the guy smile and take his bike home or does the MoCo's request somehow trump the already completed repair and owner is stuck waiting (again) to get his bike done?  

As a point of curiosity, I also have to wonder if the ESP provider will somehow try to beg out of paying for the repair since the MoCo is accepting the job?  That's not between the rider and the ESP but between the ESP and the dealer.  Might be fun being a fly on the wall as that discussion is hashed out though.

I'm going to follow this closely, because I've been paying that little green lizard for the last 12 years without a claim.  How they handle this will determine whether all of our insurance needs go to another company.  House, 2 cars and MC... 

Good luck to Joe!
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.