Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Note from Samson Exhaust  (Read 3092 times)

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
Note from Samson Exhaust
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »

In my continuing quest to pick out what exhaust I want to put on my Breakout, I shot a note to Samson Exhausts (www.samsonusa.com) to see if they have anything to fit the bike.  This is the note that I received back:

Hi Greg,
       After some inquiry we have determined our pipes will fit the Breakout. It is somewhat like the Rocker but does have a different oil tank which will allow our pipes to fit.

Please give us a call for personal assistance.
       Thank you,
       JR

I've got Samson pipes on my '05 FXD and they sound great.   When my support bracket for my '05 cracked, they sent me a new one free of charge, so I've had great luck with their customer service.  May have to explore them as an option.

Anyone else have experience with Samson?

Greg
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: Note from Samson Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 03:08:01 PM »

I do not personally.  My problem with Samson is they do not have a 2-1 exhaust that I like visually, and that's the only thing I will put on my Breakout...

2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 03:31:17 PM »

I agree- only want a 2 into 1 and the look of the pipe Samson has is lacking in my opinion.

I do not personally.  My problem with Samson is they do not have a 2-1 exhaust that I like visually, and that's the only thing I will put on my Breakout...

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 03:39:39 PM »

I agree- only want a 2 into 1 and the look of the pipe Samson has is lacking in my opinion.

Well, at least our different tastes will guarantee that all the Crimson Red CVOs won't look the same!  :2vrolijk_21:

I'm still trying to decide exactly what I DO like to see.  I'm also drawn to the V/H Big Radius 2-2.  It may come down to a race to what gets released first that I like!!

I think a shorter exhaust than what is stock would really open up that side of the bike and show off that awesome rear wheel even more...
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:46:17 PM »

Well, at least our different tastes will guarantee that all the Crimson Red CVOs won't look the same!  :2vrolijk_21:

I'm still trying to decide exactly what I DO like to see.  I'm also drawn to the V/H Big Radius 2-2.  It may come down to a race to what gets released first that I like!!

I think a shorter exhaust than what is stock would really open up that side of the bike and show off that awesome rear wheel even more...

very true,  BTW, there is a thread here somewhere with a picture of a black/silver Breakout with the Big Radius 2-2 exhaust....I assume you have seen it?  Looks absolutely fantastic on this bike...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 03:59:17 PM »

very true,  BTW, there is a thread here somewhere with a picture of a black/silver Breakout with the Big Radius 2-2 exhaust....I assume you have seen it?  Looks absolutely fantastic on this bike...

For some reason, it won't let me open the link...I'm really interested to see how they look!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:07 PM »

Samson look very similar to Freedom Exhausts... Not a fan of Freedoms quality, well the few sets I've seen the fit and finish is poor compared to V&H.

As for BR2-1 or 2-2 I will never have them on a bike. Personally they echo off the ground and sound crap plus I never pull up beside a bike with them as you always get dusted when the bike starts. But thats my opinion anyway.  :soapbox:

Give me V&H Big Shots, Short Shots or Competition Series any day.  :2vrolijk_21:

Also have been looking at Rineharts Cross Back 2-2, pricey and currently not available for Breakout.
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 03:59:05 AM »

now if only someone can photoshop the VH 2:1 on the breakout so I can see how it looks.  Got big shots long on my CVO Softail and it really looks and sounds great.  Should look even better on the breakout since it sits long and low.  Any photo shop gurus here?
[/quote]
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 01:12:05 PM »

These would look great on the Breakout!

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.