Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Front brake lever adjustment?  (Read 1030 times)

Sk8convict

• Junior CVO Member
Front brake lever adjustment?
« on: November 25, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »

My cruise control was only coming on for a few seconds then would shut off and my buddy noticed my brake light coming on and off when I was riding so I stopped and can wiggle my front brake lever and my brake lights will go on and off. I'm thinking this is shutting the cruise off.
I have a 2011 cvo softtail. The lever has just enough play that my lights come on. Can you adjust this?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Front brake lever adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:23:35 PM »

My cruise control was only coming on for a few seconds then would shut off and my buddy noticed my brake light coming on and off when I was riding so I stopped and can wiggle my front brake lever and my brake lights will go on and off. I'm thinking this is shutting the cruise off.
I have a 2011 cvo softtail. The lever has just enough play that my lights come on. Can you adjust this?

You are correct that this is what is shutting down the cruise control.  As for adjustment, it's not something that normally needs to be adjusted, therefore there is no simple adjustment.  There is a small plunger switch located in the right handlebar switch housing that is activated by the brake lever.  It may be damaged or loose.  Have you or anyone else removed the master cylinder, brake lever, or switch housing recently? 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
Re: Front brake lever adjustment?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 08:07:12 PM »

Sometimes you can loosen the two screws (T27 I think ) on the brake lever perch and let the whole assembly (perch and clamp w/screws) slide up closer to the switch housing and re tighten the two screws .. when the two components are separated,  it is the same effect as actuating the little switch within the switch housing ..
worth lookin at anyway .. may be the source of problem .. Good luck .. Howard in Ms 

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.