Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does console have to be removed prior to tank removal 2012 RG  (Read 2938 times)

loop4re7

• Junior CVO Member
Does console have to be removed prior to tank removal 2012 RG
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »

Need to remove tank to run hot wire lead for amp. Does console have to come off or can it stay on tank.  2012 RG Thanks, Jim

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Diamond Black Inferno Orange SESG

• CVO1: '04 SEEG Orange / Black
    • CVO2: '10 SESG Tequilla Sunrise
    • CVO3: '11 SESG Diamond Black / Inferno Orange
Re: Does console have to be removed prior to tank removal 2012 RG
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:34:31 PM »

On my 11 SESG, I didn't, First of all, start with an empty or near empty tank of fuel, it is too heavy to move around and make it much easier.Take the seat off then the bolts off on the tob tab on the base of the fuel tank, then take the front two bolts off, one on each side of the front tank tabs. I left my fuel line connected and lifted it up enough to get to the black wire chase and unsnap the channel tabs and ran my wires. Some diconnect the fuel line but to me thats more work than the whole rest of the project. Hope this helps you, Chip.
So Far....120.5HP/120.5TQ....Screamin' Eagle Pro110 Upgrade, 10.5:1 High Compression Pistons, SE-259E Cams, Baisley Adjustable Pushrods, Baisley Heads, SE 58mm Throttle Body, SE High Flow Injectors, High Performance Clutch Spring, SE Pro Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fat Cat 2:1 Exhaust w/ Left Side Falsie, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome 1.4KW Starter, HD Saddle Bag Lid Speakers w/ Rear Amp, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak, Custom Alligator Seat, Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna, Zumo 665, +++

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:46:56 PM »

Disconnecting the fuel line is probably the easiest part.  Just pull your fuel pump fuse, turn the motor over for a few seconds which relieves all the pressure and then push up on the snap coupler.  Pops right off, it's a bitch with pressure.  Tank lifts right off making it very easy to get to the main wire harness covered by the plastic shroud.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 12:31:30 AM »

Disconnecting the fuel line is probably the easiest part.  Just pull your fuel pump fuse, turn the motor over for a few seconds which relieves all the pressure and then push up on the snap coupler.  Pops right off, it's a bitch with pressure.  Tank lifts right off making it very easy to get to the main wire harness covered by the plastic shroud.

Cowboy

Now I learned something new, I've always left it on becuse of the pessure issue, Thanks Cowboy, thats why I love this site, Chip.
So Far....120.5HP/120.5TQ....Screamin' Eagle Pro110 Upgrade, 10.5:1 High Compression Pistons, SE-259E Cams, Baisley Adjustable Pushrods, Baisley Heads, SE 58mm Throttle Body, SE High Flow Injectors, High Performance Clutch Spring, SE Pro Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fat Cat 2:1 Exhaust w/ Left Side Falsie, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome 1.4KW Starter, HD Saddle Bag Lid Speakers w/ Rear Amp, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak, Custom Alligator Seat, Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna, Zumo 665, +++

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:47:50 AM »

No problem. This site is where I learned that little trick.

Cowboy

loop4re7

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 10:12:47 AM »

Is the electrical connection for the console under the tank.  So do you lift tank and unplug connection.  Thanks for the help,  Jim

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 10:34:28 AM »

On my FLHXSE3, the electrical connection for the console is under the seat, right next to the tank, in front of and to the left of your battery.  There will be an electrical connector to unplug and a rubber hose connection for your tank overflow to unplug.  Real simple, takes 5 seconds.

Cowboy

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 03:53:10 PM »

I added the lighted CVO logo to my FLHXSE2 console and on my bike there is also a plug right under the logo on the console which is for the light pod. On my model year, the factory had pre run (preplanned) the harness all the way up to that point and I just plugged the console light in there.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.