Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advice on a backrest  (Read 917 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Advice on a backrest
« on: December 10, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »

Heres a link to a guy selling his 2004 FLHTCSE adjustable back rest. Wondering if this would bolt right up on my scoot? If not what would I need?

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-parts/829559-flh-screamin-eagle-adjustable-back-rest.html

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Advice on a backrest
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:44 PM »

That's from a 2005cvo seeg2.   If that would work,  probably would with the correct fender bracket.  Then you would need a seat with the back rest slot.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:10:59 AM »

That's from a 2005cvo seeg2.   If that would work,  probably would with the correct fender bracket.  Then you would need a seat with the back rest slot.
I would only use it with a 2 up seat on and the tour pak (long trips)... I am hesitant to buy because it doesn't lean back and I kinda want one of those that do.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

dirtdobber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »

you can always bend the arms to fit you.
My question is it appears you will do it 2 up with the 2 up seat and tourpak and solo.
I'm reading between the lines you might say.
If you are going to use it solo will the bracket clear the solo seat?
2012 CVO street glide, 2010 Dyna wide glide SS 106

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »

you can always bend the arms to fit you.
My question is it appears you will do it 2 up with the 2 up seat and tourpak and solo.
I'm reading between the lines you might say.
If you are going to use it solo will the bracket clear the solo seat?
I would only use it 2 up with a 1 piece touring seat

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »

I would only use it 2 up with a 1 piece touring seat

I have a one piece touring seat, and use a don't use my removable backrest when the little lady is on the bike.  She doesn't like it when I have my rider backrest in place when 2 up.  She is a tiny girl, but does have knee issues.  She likes have a bit of open space between us, and she finds it too restrictive for her comfort when we are 2 up.  I use mine mainly when I ride solo.  That's when i kick back and mostly have my feet out on the pegs.
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »

I have a one piece touring seat, and use a don't use my removable backrest when the little lady is on the bike.  She doesn't like it when I have my rider backrest in place when 2 up.  She is a tiny girl, but does have knee issues.  She likes have a bit of open space between us, and she finds it too restrictive for her comfort when we are 2 up.  I use mine mainly when I ride solo.  That's when i kick back and mostly have my feet out on the pegs.
Good points...

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.